Apr 21, 2022
Hi guys, i've recently upgraded from a placeholder gt 730 to a sapphire rx 6700 non-xt i got on sale a couple weeks ago, and ever since i've experienced stuttering in games. Spider-man remastered, cyberpunk, warzone 2.0, apex legends etc. are all stuttering (either nasty stutters or constant micro-stutters).

My PC specs are the following:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 non-XT
RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz (4x4)
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
SSD: 1x Kingston A2000 256GB, 1x Unknown Samsung SATA SSD 128GB, 1x WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM
AIO: CoolerMaster Masterliquid ML240L 240mm
PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W
CASE: Deepcool Matrexx 55

I've tried moving games from the HDD to the SSDs, and while it did remedy the stutters quite a lot, they still remain in the form of microstutters. I have reinstalled the drivers, clean wiped them with DDU, tried leaving the settings on default, tried turning off freesync, went from windows 11 back to 10 (which again, helped a bit), tried overclocking the CPU and undervolting the GPU, nothing seems to make any dent. The frametime graph on rivatuner is still showing spikes. I'm completely at a loss.

Apr 21, 2022
Hey there,

What power plan have you got active. Ideally it needs to be set on Ryzen Balanced power profile.

The stuttering could be some overheating. What temps are the CPU/GPU underload?

Is your ram running at it's rated speed?

Just checked and the power plan is indeed set on Ryzen Balanced. As for overheating, my AIO keeps the 2600 below 50 in the most intense workloads. Currently i have it set in the BIOS at 3.9Ghz allcore and 1.1V. I've played with overclocking it and i got it stable at 4.1Ghz 1.25V, and with that it ran around 50C while gaming and topped out at 60-65 in cinebench r23. The RAM is set to the rated speed of 3000Mhz (i tried overclocking that too but saw no real-world performance increase).

TRENDING THREADS