[SOLVED] Converting copper to ethernet

Thomas_25

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2015
Problem:1)My house has copper outlets in every bedroom which supposedly has a direct fiber connection (so basically it needs a modem at every outlet)
What I need: Ethernet ports in place of the copper (on the wall) so that I can use the Internet directly.
What I know:1)Fiber from ISP turns to copper once it reaches the house.
What are my options? Do I put a modem in every copper outlet or is there a way to have a central modem and use the rest of the copper outlets as ethernet (by using one of those fiber to ethernet adapters)

Solution
What you want is called moca. The exact details depend on how the coax in your house is connected. Some fiber boxes support moca most are from verizon. You would place 1 moca box near the router and remote moca boxes in the rooms you want ethernet. It is a little expensive so I would only buy it for rooms you actually use a lot.
What you want is called moca. The exact details depend on how the coax in your house is connected. Some fiber boxes support moca most are from verizon. You would place 1 moca box near the router and remote moca boxes in the rooms you want ethernet. It is a little expensive so I would only buy it for rooms you actually use a lot.

Reactions: Thomas_25
Solution