Karim2001

Reputable
Jul 4, 2017
I just upgraded my computer to windows 10 and my CPU usage in task manager is stuck at 100% i cant just end any specific process to lower the usage since the process using most of the CPU are random and most of the time its task manager itself i tried many times to fix it but couldn't so does anyone know how i can fix this issue?

Jan 27, 2020
Common issue. corrupted power mgmt setting.
In fact CPU does not actually have a 100% load.

Solution:
Run the following two commands, which sets the IDLEDISABLE setting back to "0" and then re-applies the power management configuration.

Open a CMD window.

Paste this in:
PowerCfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_PROCESSOR IDLEDISABLE 000

Hit enter

Paste this in:
PowerCfg /SETACTIVE SCHEME_CURRENT

You're most likely back to normal!

Karim2001

Reputable
Jul 4, 2017
I tried the IDLEDISABLE solution but nothing changed and I upgraded from windows 7
BTW when i start in safe mode the problem doesn't occur
and when i open resource monitor the maximum frequency shows at 100% while the cpu usage shows a fluctuating number in the billions

Mar 18, 2020
I tried the IDLEDISABLE solution but nothing changed and I upgraded from windows 7
BTW when i start in safe mode the problem doesn't occur
and when i open resource monitor the maximum frequency shows at 100% while the cpu usage shows a fluctuating number in the billions
I’ve got the same issue here, did you manage to get it fixed

Oct 9, 2020
I just upgraded my computer to windows 10 and my CPU usage in task manager is stuck at 100% i cant just end any specific process to lower the usage since the process using most of the CPU are random and most of the time its task manager itself i tried many times to fix it but couldn't so does anyone know how i can fix this issue?

Same problem. Discovered I had previously set Task Manager Update Speed to "Pause" and forgot to return it to "Normal" after debugging an unrelated problem.

My mistake.

Aug 15, 2021
Same issue here. When i write it cmd shows "invalid parameters" :(

Because you're using WINDOWS 7. Do you have any idea how can I use these commands in windows 7?
It's showing me error as invalid parameters

Aug 15, 2021
PowerCfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_PROCESSOR IDLEDISABLE 000

PowerCfg /SETACTIVE SCHEME_CURRENT

Windows 7 is showing error as invalid parameters. Do you have any commands for windows 7?