mohsin69

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I am using a laptop within Intel 6200u i5 , 8gb ram and 480gb SSD.
It is 3.5 years old. Intel HD 520 gpu

So i thought of putting new paste, before applying my temp was max 75 degree when playing games and from 45-55 max when using laptop.
I bought a PCCOOLER GT-1 paste and applied in the laptop. So after applying and starting laptop my temp is jumping like 45-55-45-56-43-60-43 like this without load and when providing 100% load like playing cs go it went up to 86 degere. that never happened. So I reopened , applied little less paste. checked if there is any play or gap between cpu and heatsink. and restarted again. but not improving. Should I wait for sometime? Is there any cure time with this paste. I am not understanding what to do.

By the way The is a walton laptop a bangladeshi brand. Everything made in chine just the branding is in bangladesh. But I am pretty happy with this laptop.
https://www.waltonbd.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=240_242_244&product_id=1678
this is the one I am using. Please help.

mohsin69

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
There's not way to see if it is dusty unless you open it, believe me.
Ok, Let us assume there is dust. If the temperature didn't improve after apply new paste , at least it shouldn't go skyrocketing right?? After I posted this Edited a little video with filmora app. When it was rendering it reached 96 Degree. I don't think the laptop used to go this high before.

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
Ok, Let us assume there is dust. If the temperature didn't improve after apply new paste , at least it shouldn't go skyrocketing right?? After I posted this Edited a little video with filmora app. When it was rendering it reached 96 Degree. I don't think the laptop used to go this high before.

Low quality termal paste? dust on the temperature sensor? there are many possibilities. Did you cleaned your cpu heat sink with a dry cloth? you may need to umidify it first to make sure you removed all that old paste.

Make sure to press your cpu fan connector as well.

Reactions: mohsin69

mohsin69

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Low quality termal paste? dust on the temperature sensor? there are many possibilities. Did you cleaned your cpu heat sink with a dry cloth? you may need to umidify it first to make sure you removed all that old paste.

Make sure to press your cpu fan connector as well.

I will try with another paste , and about sensor dust I don't know there the sensor is, where to check? I did clean with carbon fiber cloth after cleaning previous material with alcohol preppad. Cpu fan is working full and loud.

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
I will try with another paste , and about sensor dust I don't know there the sensor is, where to check? I did clean with carbon fiber cloth after cleaning previous material with alcohol preppad. Cpu fan is working full and loud.
Remember to unscrew your cpu fan case and remove all the dust inside it. Usually the temperature sensor is within your processor.

Just an example.
48991iCDE49E06ED309362

Reactions: mohsin69

Latest posts