Question CPU utilization dropping in game, along with core count drops causing stutters

SmallLettuceMan

Prominent
Apr 7, 2019
I am having stuttering issues on warzone, and I have tried so many fixes and nothing has worked. A couple days ago, I tried to disable/limit power limit throttling, and it appeared it worked quite well.

Now, I was having those stutters again and this time, I tried turning on different things to view in the intel XTU graphing. I turned on active core count, and I could pair the drop in CPU utilization with the active core count dropping from 4 to 1 for a while in game. The core count rises back to 4 after quarter of a second to 5 seconds.

I have an i5 8300h, GTX 1050 4gb and 12 GB 2400 GHz RAM. I can run the game fine, just having this stupid issue, causing devastating frame drops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The corecount could just as well drop because the software stalls and has nothing to do for a while.

With a 1050 4gb you can play warzone at 720 and all settings lowest,you need lots and lots of mem to play it smoothly.

It could also be overheating especially after lifting the power limits.

SmallLettuceMan

Prominent
Apr 7, 2019
The corecount could just as well drop because the software stalls and has nothing to do for a while.

With a 1050 4gb you can play warzone at 720 and all settings lowest,you need lots and lots of mem to play it smoothly.

It could also be overheating especially after lifting the power limits.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I play the game at 1080 on low settings and I run warzone at 50+ FPS while having it capped at 35, Could you think its my undervolt by any chance? It's at -0.185v but it doesn't cause me any issues in other games. Also, I have it undervolted for better temps, so I get around 85 degrees celsius while playing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts