BMBiscuit

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Hello

I just bought a pair of beyerdynamic MMX 300 V2, and with the sound blaster x7, which I'm returning because It's the most overpriced garbage I've ever bought.
The problem with the Sound Blaster x7, was that when I launched a game the audio would dissapear and it would say that windows doesnt recognise the USB.
Im also starting to think about buying a different beyerdynamic headset and just buy a stand mic instead.
Any thoughts on that? Anways back to the original question:
So nowI've been looking at the Fiio Q1 Mk2 Dac and the FiiO K3.
But if I buy either of these, will I be able to use my mic thats on the headset?

Or can I plug the 3.5mm jack for audio into the dac and the other 3.5mm jack for the mic into the PC?
Will this work, or do I have to go with something that has audio and mic on the dac?
Hopefully that made sense.

Thanks

Solution
If you get a headphone DAC/AMP and use it with a headset, yes you will need to run the mic connection to the mic input on the motherboard. That can cause ground hum though. Good news is that the headset is a 32ohm one which means you don't need anything past motherboard audio to run it, unless you have a junk quality motherboard you probably don't need anything else.

If you do want to use an external DAC/AMP something like a Schiit Hel or Fulla would be good. ARC Mayflower if you want a bit higher end. Or just use an external MIC and use whatever.
If you get a headphone DAC/AMP and use it with a headset, yes you will need to run the mic connection to the mic input on the motherboard. That can cause ground hum though. Good news is that the headset is a 32ohm one which means you don't need anything past motherboard audio to run it, unless you have a junk quality motherboard you probably don't need anything else.

If you do want to use an external DAC/AMP something like a Schiit Hel or Fulla would be good. ARC Mayflower if you want a bit higher end. Or just use an external MIC and use whatever.

Solution