Jul 20, 2019
I have a RAM kit that is specified at 3000MHz from Corsair.

When I run the PC at 2800MHz the PC has no issues whatsoever with turning on, but when I set the RAM to 3000 (or greater) in the BIOS a weird issue happens; the PC wont turn on the first time and on the motherboard the symbol for CPU issue lights up, but if I reboot the PC, straightaway, the PC will turn on with no problems and run the RAM at 3000MHz (or higher e.g. 3200).

I am wondering if there is a solution to stop this from happening and allow my PC to turn on normally at the speed of 3000MHz.

Parts List:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB
SSD: WDC WDS500G2B0B 500GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB
MBD: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
PSU: CoolerMaster Masterwatt 650

Solution
You can test for defective memory with MemTest86. Any errors, return the entire kit under warranty for free replacement.

Just setting memory clock speed is not enough. You also need to set DRAM voltage and set DRAM timngs. Enabling an XMP profile should set all three.
You can test for defective memory with MemTest86. Any errors, return the entire kit under warranty for free replacement.

Just setting memory clock speed is not enough. You also need to set DRAM voltage and set DRAM timngs. Enabling an XMP profile should set all three.

Last edited:
Solution