Aug 4, 2022
Hello, I have been having an issue with a screen glitch when I boot my pc. It happens during normal boot and also when trying to access bios. When trying to access bios it completely freezes, but when it’s a regular boot it’s a quick glitch and continues to power on. This problem does not happen when using my hdmi cable only when using display port. Could anyone please help? I have an asus z590-p prime WiFi motherboard. A 3070 graphics card, intel i7 11700k cpu. Below I linked my Reddit post so you guys can see the issue in a video

Aug 4, 2022
Hello, I have been having an issue with a screen glitch when I boot my pc. It happens during normal boot and also when trying to access bios. When trying to access bios it completely freezes, but when it’s a regular boot it’s a quick glitch and continues to power on. This problem does not happen when using my hdmi cable only when using display port. Could anyone please help? I have an asus z590-p prime WiFi motherboard. A 3070 graphics card, intel i7 11700k cpu. Below I linked my Reddit post so you guys can see the issue in a video

Aug 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?
Thank you!!:) I had just updated bios to the most recent version, I believe it’s 1601. Also the power supply is EVGA SuperNOVA 750GT

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 4, 2022
Also the power supply is EVGA SuperNOVA 750GT
It's brand new? See if you can borrow a higher wattage reliably built PSU from your friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists.
The power supply is brand new, I had just bought all the parts for this pc a week ago and built it with all brand new parts straight out of the box. Is the power supply I am currently using not a reliable one?

Aug 4, 2022
The computer itself also rung perfectly fine after it’s loaded into windows, it only happens when trying to get into bios and a small glitch right before windows loads and then it continues to login screen.

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA tend to have hit or miss units even within their own top tier lineups of PSU's. I'm suggesting to source a donor PSU to see if there's a potential for the GPU to draw more power than your PSU can output.

Speaking of new, where did you source the installer for your OS?

Aug 4, 2022
EVGA tend to have hit or miss units even within their own top tier lineups of PSU's. I'm suggesting to source a donor PSU to see if there's a potential for the GPU to draw more power than your PSU can output.

Speaking of new, where did you source the installer for your OS?
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get another power supply that I can borrow but I can try, also for the OS I installed windows through a USB stick, I installed windows 10 pro and upgraded to 11. I installed it onto my Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB

Lutfij

Titan
We all know no one uses a DVD drive these days but where did you source the installer that was on the USB stick?

I installed windows 10 pro and upgraded to 11.
Recreate your installer for Windows 11 and reinstall the OS, see if the issue persists.

Aug 4, 2022
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get another power supply that I can borrow but I can try, also for the OS I installed windows through a USB stick, I installed windows 10 pro and upgraded to 11. I installed it onto my Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB
I downloaded it from the Microsoft website onto a USB stick, and bought a cd key for operating system.

Aug 4, 2022
We all know no one uses a DVD drive these days but where did you source the installer that was on the USB stick?

I installed windows 10 pro and upgraded to 11.
Recreate your installer for Windows 11 and reinstall the OS, see if the issue persists.
I reinstalled the OS and the issue is still there :/