Question Display Port cable (Samsung BN39-02625A) no longer detecting signal, looking for advice on alternative DP or HDMI cable

Sean16

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
Hi there.

I bought a Samsung Odyssey G7 monitor back in November alongside my brand new PC and with it came a Display Port cable (BN39-026225A 2144 GM). The monitor is 27" and has a 1440p resolution with a 240Hz refresh rate. My GPU is an RTX 3080.

I've been running at a 240 refresh rate with the same DP cable for a few months now with some annoying but minor issues. I tried to find out more about this particular cable with very little luck, I don't know much about the specifications of cables, but according to the lettering on its side it is 8K.

The full lettering is "DisplayPort Cable 8K E343577 RJ AWM STYLE 20276 80°C 30V VW-1 GLORYMARK".

When I was first setting up my PC, I noticed right away that my GPU temperatures were much warmer with DP compared to HDMI. I've also had a strange visual bug in certain games and even in some programs with a grey interface where the colour momentarily seems to turn a shade of blue. It's more noticeable while it is dark in a game and when part of the map is loading in. I learned to live with this though because it was only a very minor annoyance. This didn't seem to be an issue with HDMI, which I was using for a little while not long after getting my PC.

Fast forward to only a few days ago and I'd put my PC to sleep. When I woke it up, my monitor was detecting no signal. I can't remember exactly what it was that I did exactly but I managed to restore the display. I think I unplugged the DP cable from my PC, put my PC back to sleep and turned the monitor on and off a few times before it finally came back.

Today though, after turning my PC on from sleep, it happened again. Unfortunately I couldn't get the picture back this time and when I switched to HDMI the display reappeared. I think something is wrong with the cable and I think it might actually be dead now. The strange visual bugs and the signal dropping in and out made me think that I initially had a loose connection but the cable was securely attached to both my monitor and GPU. I even tried swapping ports as both my monitor and GPU have two DP ports each, but still the issues persisted.

I've since switched back to HDMI for the time being. The HDMI cable I have is from Amazon Basics and has a 144Hz refresh rate, though this doesn't bother me too much as I was thinking of dropping back down to 144 anyway. I'm not sure if the extra FPS is even worth the performance hit really.

Anyways, was hoping for some advice on alternative cables, either HDMI or DP. I'm not sure if the one that Samsung has provided is a very good one but the lettering on the side mentioning that it's 8K makes me think that it is but have no idea what its bandwidth is. I've heard you can now get HDMI cables capable of 240Hz but I'm not sure if I'm better off just sticking with DP considering my setup or if 144Hz would be more suitable.

Thanks.

Edit: Managed to get the DP cable working again, turns out it's not dead! Yet. I think it might have actually been an issue with my monitor. I swapped HDMI out for DP again just to try it and it never displayed, but when I tried HDMI again it too never displayed. I tried turning the monitor off and on again and it wasn't responding, the power light was off as though it had been unplugged. It hadn't. So I unplugged it, plugged it back in, blue power light came back on, reconnected DP and, lo and behold, it displayed again.

What happened, I have no idea but still looking for some advice on my current setup as I'm worried this will happen again.

Last edited:
Hi there.

I bought a Samsung Odyssey G7 monitor back in November alongside my brand new PC and with it came a Display Port cable (BN39-026225A 2144 GM). The monitor is 27" and has a 1440p resolution with a 240Hz refresh rate. My GPU is an RTX 3080.

I've been running at a 240 refresh rate with the same DP cable for a few months now with some annoying but minor issues. I tried to find out more about this particular cable with very little luck, I don't know much about the specifications of cables, but according to the lettering on its side it is 8K.

The full lettering is "DisplayPort Cable 8K E343577 RJ AWM STYLE 20276 80°C 30V VW-1 GLORYMARK".

When I was first setting up my PC, I noticed right away that my GPU temperatures were much warmer with DP compared to HDMI. I've also had a strange visual bug in certain games and even in some programs with a grey interface where the colour momentarily seems to turn a shade of blue. It's more noticeable while it is dark in a game and when part of the map is loading in. I learned to live with this though because it was only a very minor annoyance. This didn't seem to be an issue with HDMI, which I was using for a little while not long after getting my PC.

Fast forward to only a few days ago and I'd put my PC to sleep. When I woke it up, my monitor was detecting no signal. I can't remember exactly what it was that I did exactly but I managed to restore the display. I think I unplugged the DP cable from my PC, put my PC back to sleep and turned the monitor on and off a few times before it finally came back.

Today though, after turning my PC on from sleep, it happened again. Unfortunately I couldn't get the picture back this time and when I switched to HDMI the display reappeared. I think something is wrong with the cable and I think it might actually be dead now. The strange visual bugs and the signal dropping in and out made me think that I initially had a loose connection but the cable was securely attached to both my monitor and GPU. I even tried swapping ports as both my monitor and GPU have two DP ports each, but still the issues persisted.

I've since switched back to HDMI for the time being. The HDMI cable I have is from Amazon Basics and has a 144Hz refresh rate, though this doesn't bother me too much as I was thinking of dropping back down to 144 anyway. I'm not sure if the extra FPS is even worth the performance hit really.

Anyways, was hoping for some advice on alternative cables, either HDMI or DP. I'm not sure if the one that Samsung has provided is a very good one but the lettering on the side mentioning that it's 8K makes me think that it is but have no idea what its bandwidth is. I've heard you can now get HDMI cables capable of 240Hz but I'm not sure if I'm better off just sticking with DP considering my setup or if 144Hz would be more suitable.

Thanks.

Edit: Managed to get the DP cable working again, turns out it's not dead! Yet. I think it might have actually been an issue with my monitor. I swapped HDMI out for DP again just to try it and it never displayed, but when I tried HDMI again it too never displayed. I tried turning the monitor off and on again and it wasn't responding, the power light was off as though it had been unplugged. It hadn't. So I unplugged it, plugged it back in, blue power light came back on, reconnected DP and, lo and behold, it displayed again.

What happened, I have no idea but still looking for some advice on my current setup as I'm worried this will happen again.
The most common problems you are having. The cables that come with displays are common no name generic cables that are trash from the box. You need to order a vesa certified display cable, they will always provide quality display unless there is a physical issue with the cable. Which is rareish for the most part, but does still happen here and there. The secondary issue you have "also is a common problem with windows 10 and 11, sleep/hybornate state. The best way I have found to fix this problem. Fully shut off "all sleep-hybornate states", with them fully shut off via cmd commands plus power plan shut off the PC for a few minutes turn back on. Check for updates them restart the PC, after which enable the sleep- hybornate state again this has correct the issue for a few people I know. And yes even if there's a update or not check to make sure.

Reactions: Sean16

Sean16

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
The most common problems you are having. The cables that come with displays are common no name generic cables that are trash from the box. You need to order a vesa certified display cable, they will always provide quality display unless there is a physical issue with the cable. Which is rareish for the most part, but does still happen here and there. The secondary issue you have "also is a common problem with windows 10 and 11, sleep/hybornate state. The best way I have found to fix this problem. Fully shut off "all sleep-hybornate states", with them fully shut off via cmd commands plus power plan shut off the PC for a few minutes turn back on. Check for updates them restart the PC, after which enable the sleep- hybornate state again this has correct the issue for a few people I know. And yes even if there's a update or not check to make sure.
Ah cool thanks, I did think it was just a generic cable lol. I'll have a look around for a new cable, do you recommend any ones in particular? Worried in case I choose a cable which doesn't have the right specs, I've also heard there may be difficulty between different versions of DisplayPort and their compatibility with certain cards etc.

Thanks, I'll get around to trying that out as well.

Ah cool thanks, I did think it was just a generic cable lol. I'll have a look around for a new cable, do you recommend any ones in particular? Worried in case I choose a cable which doesn't have the right specs, I've also heard there may be difficulty between different versions of DisplayPort and their compatibility with certain cards etc.

Thanks, I'll get around to trying that out as well.
I find these to be fairly decent I havent had an issue with the probably 100's Ive order so far

Sean16

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
Hello, sorry for necroing an older post but I managed to buy myself an iVanky 8K DP cable and unfortunately it doesn't seem to have fixed my issues (aside from the no signal message, everything seems okay on that front now!). I'm still getting odd flickering or flashing in games and it's more noticeable in certain games than others. I'm at a loss as to what's causing it.

Last edited:
Hello, sorry for necroing an older post but I managed to buy myself an iVanky 8K DP cable and unfortunately it doesn't seem to have fixed my issues (aside from the no signal message, everything seems okay on that front now!). I'm still getting odd flickering or flashing in games and it's more noticeable in certain games than others. I'm at a loss as to what's causing it.
What's the refresh rate your trying to use and have you set the refresh rate your self or just using what windows set it to

Sean16

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
What's the refresh rate your trying to use and have you set the refresh rate your self or just using what windows set it to
240 Hz to match my monitor, Samsung Odyssey G7. Windows has automatically set it to this but I've switched it a few times myself between 144 and 240 (actually coming up on my machine as 239.96) while testing.

Sep 17, 2023
Hi there.

Thanks.

I have installed this and all the problems are solved, I have a 3080ti with g7

TRENDING THREADS