Aug 5, 2021
This question has been asked quite a lot of times, but none of the solutions featured helped me.

I'm using a Windows 10 PC with a Realtek PCIe gaming ethernet, which is connected by Ethernet to an AP.
The AP itself is connected to the main router through Ethernet as well.

I've switched my router lately to Arris tg1652 and my AP to Huawei AX3.

The problem itself is that randomly, the Ethernet Icon on the taskbar shows the earth with a cross on it (meaning no internet access) for about 20-40 seconds and when I press on it, it writes my Network name and "No Internet".
It can occur once a hour or 3-4 times one after one.

I switched my Ethernet cable a few times, Updated my Ethernet driver, switched the AP, none of these helped.

EDIT: Also, after turning on the pc \ going back from sleep the ethernet adapter must be reset (as per windows troubleshooter) and it shows "Unidentified network" and shows "Ethernet adapter doesn't have a valid IP configuration. ".

2nd EDIT: Found a similar problem in Microsoft website and it suggests that Wireshark made this error because of the Npcap drivers and etc, will try it the next few days and update this thread. Meanwhile, You can keep commenting possible solutions.

Last edited:
Solution
Um, if the Arris is set in Bridge mode and the Huawei in AP mode, then you do not actually have a router and only one device on your network at a time can have internet. Because nothing is handing out addresses via DHCP, all other devices should receive the "Ethernet adapter doesn't have a valid IP configuration" notice. When the computer goes to sleep, some other device like a phone can seize the internet connection instead, leading the PC to have no internet after it wakes.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please parse a link to the PCIe adapter that you're working with? Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version for said motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you working with? I've looked through Huawei's support site but I can't seem to find any info about firmware's for your aforementioned router. I'm saying router since it's a router that you've set it to AP(mode...maybe?)

If you remove the router from the equation and plug straight to your ISP's modem, does the issue resolve?

Aug 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please parse a link to the PCIe adapter that you're working with? Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version for said motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you working with? I've looked through Huawei's support site but I can't seem to find any info about firmware's for your aforementioned router. I'm saying router since it's a router that you've set it to AP(mode...maybe?)

If you remove the router from the equation and plug straight to your ISP's modem, does the issue resolve?
Yes, it is a router set to Bridge (AP) as a mode that arrived with that router.
The motherboard is Gigabyte B360M DS3H.
Windows version is: Windows 10 Pro 20H2.
and PCIe adapter is: Realtek PCIe FE / GBE / 2.5G / Gaming Ethernet Family Controller Software - REALTEK

Aug 5, 2021
Run packetlosstest.com when you see this issue. Have it loaded in advance and just run the test when you see the issue.
I ran the 1080p game mode, as I most frequently use this for gaming, and I've used the closest server to me which is Georgia.
Screenshot-2021-08-06-182633.png

Aug 5, 2021
This same thing happens to me...but I actually have no internet as my satellite drops out.
Might this be the case?
My network actually comes by a coax cable connected through my wall to the main router, and later on it connects to a router which is used as an AP by ethernet and into my PC by ethernet.

Have you tried the ethernet port in the motherboard instead. Do they both get the same error.

What status does it show if you quickly do a ipconfig command.

Key here is does the port actually go to a disconnected state or does it look active but just does not work. If it is a active state can you ping your router IP.

2 general observations. 2.5g ports have all kinds of strange errors you need to try different drivers. The onboard ethernet is bundled with some kind of "gaming" network garbage. Not sure if it affects all network cards or only the built in one. You want to uninstall that software, it was likely installed with the motherboard drivers unless you prevented it.

Reactions: SamirD
Aug 5, 2021
Have you tried the ethernet port in the motherboard instead. Do they both get the same error.

What status does it show if you quickly do a ipconfig command.

Key here is does the port actually go to a disconnected state or does it look active but just does not work. If it is a active state can you ping your router IP.

2 general observations. 2.5g ports have all kinds of strange errors you need to try different drivers. The onboard ethernet is bundled with some kind of "gaming" network garbage. Not sure if it affects all network cards or only the built in one. You want to uninstall that software, it was likely installed with the motherboard drivers unless you prevented it.

Okay, So each time I've had this problem in the last time, I ran a diagnostic and it just reset the Ethernet adapter with message: "Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip address."

It happens also when booting up the pc \ going back from sleep.

The Ethernet is connected to the motherboard ethernet port as well.

And the "Gaming" netowrk thingy, is just the LAN card itself, that's the model.

and if I do a quick ipconfig test in the cmd is it doesn't show IP/Gateway.

I've also checked the driver in the devmgmt for updates and it shows that the latest version is now installed.

Can it be a problem in the router itself? For example it disconnects a user every some time? Or when there is loading?

I ran the 1080p game mode, as I most frequently use this for gaming, and I've used the closest server to me which is Georgia.
Screenshot-2021-08-06-182633.png
Sounds like something in the middle is breaking when this happens. Can you run a long ethernet cable right to the primary router and repeat the test? I suspect it will work fine this way, which means the issue is in the end of the network you are connecting to.

Aug 5, 2021
Sounds like something in the middle is breaking when this happens. Can you run a long ethernet cable right to the primary router and repeat the test? I suspect it will work fine this way, which means the issue is in the end of the network you are connecting to.
I'm afraid I don't have such long ethernet cable, but I'll search for one.

Um, if the Arris is set in Bridge mode and the Huawei in AP mode, then you do not actually have a router and only one device on your network at a time can have internet. Because nothing is handing out addresses via DHCP, all other devices should receive the "Ethernet adapter doesn't have a valid IP configuration" notice. When the computer goes to sleep, some other device like a phone can seize the internet connection instead, leading the PC to have no internet after it wakes.

Solution
Aug 5, 2021
You understood incorrectly. The arris is set as a normal router connteced by a coax cable to the ISP. The huawei is set to Bridge (AP mode) and is connected to the Arris using ethernet cable.