Dec 25, 2022
Cpu fan header low voltage that causes my motherboard to not start. I tried to connect the 4 pin cpu fan to the 3 pin system fan and it has high rpm while on the cpu fan header it has low. I think this is what causes my motherboard to not beep. What could be the fix?

Cpu fan header low voltage that causes my motherboard to not start. I tried to connect the 4 pin cpu fan to the 3 pin system fan and it has high rpm while on the cpu fan header it has low. I think this is what causes my motherboard to not beep. What could be the fix?
1 beep usually means success during post. multiple cadence of beeps usually means something is wrong.
I can't see a reason for not beeping because of fan's header low voltage. It should be opposite, it should beep a code to inform on low voltage and RPM of CPU_FAN.
There are some exceptions when a PWM fans don't work well in 3pin headers.
A PWM motor normally uses full voltage and 4th pin sends impulses of various length and frequency to motor to turn it on and of to maintain given speed of motor.
Check BIOS for setting for CPU_FAN header if it has settings to switch between Voltage and PWM control.

Dec 25, 2022
1 beep usually means success during post. multiple cadence of beeps usually means something is wrong.
I can't see a reason for not beeping because of fan's header low voltage. It should be opposite, it should beep a code to inform on low voltage and RPM of CPU_FAN.
There are some exceptions when a PWM fans don't work well in 3pin headers.
A PWM motor normally uses full voltage and 4th pin sends impulses of various length and frequency to motor to turn it on and of to maintain given speed of motor.
Check BIOS for setting for CPU_FAN header if it has settings to switch between Voltage and PWM control.
Thats the problem the problem, it has no beep sound and display so I cant check it on BIOS. Ive also tried a different PSU and it does the same. Ive read in some that one of the few reasons why the motherboard wont start is maybe because of low rpm/volatge of cpu fan causing the motherboard to not start to prevent overheating. The 4pin cpu fan connected to a 4 pin cpu fan header spins low compared to when I connect it a 3 pin system fan header where it spins fast. So even if the fan is the problem it should beep right? I might think its a cpu issue. Already tried clearing cmos , remove every other component, and also the northbridge/southbridge(I forgot which part that is) gets hot, its just that it has no beep and display.

Thats the problem the problem, it has no beep sound and display so I cant check it on BIOS. Ive also tried a different PSU and it does the same. Ive read in some that one of the few reasons why the motherboard wont start is maybe because of low rpm/volatge of cpu fan causing the motherboard to not start to prevent overheating. The 4pin cpu fan connected to a 4 pin cpu fan header spins low compared to when I connect it a 3 pin system fan header where it spins fast. So even if the fan is the problem it should beep right? I might think its a cpu issue. Already tried clearing cmos , remove every other component, and also the northbridge/southbridge(I forgot which part that is) gets hot, its just that it has no beep and display.
Some MBs won't even post if they don't sense a fan in CPU_FAN header. an you try another fan ?

Dec 25, 2022
As I was about to put the mobo back in the case because Ive lost hope, it turns out the speaker fell off lol ooops. My stupid broke devastated ass thought that I will have a long time to experience having a pc again and that I will stop school just because this piece of junk didnt beep. Been trying to fix this since yesterday. Now all I gotta do is fix this continuous beeping by constantly swapping the rams and applying enough pressure to the cpu or mobo 🤣.

Thanks for the answers anyway, really appreciated the concern and help.

Reactions: CountMike