• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Fans spin for 1 second then stop (PC Boots)

aggster13

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
Just recently bought some upgrades for my PC and assembled it all at the beginning of the week. Everything seemed to be working smoothly except for my chassis fans. Originally I could get them to work after shutting down the pc all the way and starting it up again, but now if I do that the fans will spin for 1 second and then stay off. If I try to restart then they don't even move at all. The CPU fan works perfectly fine, but everything is running hot without the extra chassis fans.

These are the parts I upgraded:

Motherboard: Rog strix b550f
CPU: Ryzen 3600x

Extra RAM and SSD to go with a new case. Anyone have any ideas? I'm getting very frustrated with this as the first mobo I got was DOA.

aggster13

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
Just checked out each connection, tried replacing them one at a time, tried all 3 chassis connections, still powering up for 1 second and then just stalling out.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS