Nov 15, 2022
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ventus OC 6GB
CPU : i5 9400f
16 GB Ram
The PC is 3 years old

Hello. I have FPS problem in games. For example, in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 I get 40-70 FPS even on the lowest details. I also have this problem in, for example, GTA V and other games. Others have a worse PC setup and their games run smoothly and at more FPS. I downloaded the Aida64 app and tested the CPU. It evaluated me that the CPU is overheating and even if I turn off all programs and background processes, the CPU is 70 degrees and more sometimes around 80. I don't know if I should reinstall windows

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
What kind of cooler do you have installed?
If it is a liquid cooler, there is probably free monitoring software available on the manufacturer's website.
If it is a fan cooler, I would check to make sure the fan(s) are moving, reseat it, reapply thermal paste, etc.

Additionally, if you have Windows 11 installed, it has been confirmed that the 22H2 update is causing major game performance issues. If this update is installed, I would try rolling back, or waiting for a patch.

Nov 15, 2022
What kind of cooler do you have installed?
If it is a liquid cooler, there is probably free monitoring software available on the manufacturer's website.
If it is a fan cooler, I would check to make sure the fan(s) are moving, reseat it, reapply thermal paste, etc.

Additionally, if you have Windows 11 installed, it has been confirmed that the 22H2 update is causing major game performance issues. If this update is installed, I would try rolling back, or waiting for a patch.
I have Windows 10. But mainly I don't understand why I have so low FPS. Are there any other possibilities that could be causing this?