RT 6700xt
32gb ram Ballistix 3000mhz
RM850x Corsair psu
Icue H150I Caprllix liquid cooler
ryzen 7 3700x
4 case fans all LL120rgb
Gigabyte Ultra Durable B550m mobo
2tb Hdd 7200rpm (for most games)
1tb nvme m.2 SSD ( for os and some games)

When Idle

Gpu temp: 35c
Cpu temp: 38c

Gpu usage: 0-2%
Cpu usage: 0-2%
Memory: 18-27%

Gaming

Gpu temp: 45-60c
Cpu Temps: 45-65c

Gpu usage: 70-99%
Cpu usage: 20-55%

So my issue is when gaming on a good majority of games I will have a 10 to 20fps drop that comes with a very noticeable jutter or stutter almost like a micro freeze. I carry more than enough fps most games am able to hit my 144fps target to match my refresh rate with my monitor and I play at 1440p. For example when I play The Forest I will be getting smooth frame times and smooth fps at 130-144fps but then out of no where and it is random can take 5 minutes or 15 minutes to happen a instant sharp fps drop and the game has a annoying micro stutter. I had this issue with CSGO but was able to solve it by moving the game from my 5 year old HDD to my new SSD. I have no temp issues or bottlenecks. One game that I still have issues with even on the SSD is 7 Days to Die. I am running windows 11 latest versions and My GPU driver and chipset and bios all up to date. Even have rolled back drivers with consistent issues. If anyone has a idea of a fix or if they too run into these issues and I am not alone please let me know it is much appreciated.

Solution
FIX
not a fix I want but it worked. After messing and doing troubleshooting I found that AMD gpu hardware is good but the software and drivers are trash.

Switched to a 3070ti and immediately all issues are gone. Sadly with AMD the drivers and support from game developers just isn't there yet which sucks because their hardware is good stuff.

Hoping to see this change in a few years.
Hello my name is Aaron I will start by posting my specs and temps

RT 6700xt
32gb ram Ballistix 3000mhz
RM850x Corsair psu
Icue H150I Caprllix liquid cooler
ryzen 7 3700x
4 case fans all LL120rgb
Gigabyte Ultra Durable B550m mobo
2tb Hdd 7200rpm (for most games)
1tb nvme m.2 SSD ( for os and some games)

When Idle

Gpu temp: 35c
Cpu temp: 38c

Gpu usage: 0-2%
Cpu usage: 0-2%
Memory: 18-27%

Gaming

Gpu temp: 45-60c
Cpu Temps: 45-65c

Gpu usage: 70-99%
Cpu usage: 20-55%

So my issue is when gaming on a good majority of games I will have a 10 to 20fps drop that comes with a very noticeable jutter or stutter almost like a micro freeze. I carry more than enough fps most games am able to hit my 144fps target to match my refresh rate with my monitor and I play at 1440p. For example when I play The Forest I will be getting smooth frame times and smooth fps at 130-144fps but then out of no where and it is random can take 5 minutes or 15 minutes to happen a instant sharp fps drop and the game has a annoying micro stutter. I had this issue with CSGO but was able to solve it by moving the game from my 5 year old HDD to my new SSD. I have no temp issues or bottlenecks. One game that I still have issues with even on the SSD is 7 Days to Die. I am running windows 11 latest versions and My GPU driver and chipset and bios all up to date. Even have rolled back drivers with consistent issues. If anyone has a idea of a fix or if they too run into these issues and I am not alone please let me know it is much appreciated.
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in AMD option in the ddu settings).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours since it's 16 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• reboot the PC to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (the one with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx as the time i write this), then reboot. go to power plan and make sure ryzen balanced power plan is used instead usual power plan.

• Install the latest radeon driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, put ram on slot A2 and B2 (slot 2 and 4) if you only use 2 ram sticks, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

D

Deleted member 14196

I would first test the memory with memtest86 and make sure that it’s running at the proper speed and in dual channel mode.

EpicsGamer

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2015
FIX
not a fix I want but it worked. After messing and doing troubleshooting I found that AMD gpu hardware is good but the software and drivers are trash.

Switched to a 3070ti and immediately all issues are gone. Sadly with AMD the drivers and support from game developers just isn't there yet which sucks because their hardware is good stuff.

Hoping to see this change in a few years.

Solution