Question Fujitsu desktop PC not booting and just showing logo ?

Aug 16, 2024
Hi! I need some help, I bought a new computer that had not been used. But the problem is that it is not booting (at least that's what I think it is). It had Windows 10 on, but that did work so I removed that and installed Debian 12. That did not work because the computer does not have WIFI and I do not have a LAN at home.

Then I installed Ubuntu 24.04 LTS and the install did go well but when I shut it down after it had finished installing and turned it on again it just showed the Fujitsu icon but it did not start up. I can't open BIOS or the boot menu either. I also took the small boot battery out and then started it. That did not work so I took a new one and installed the new one. I have been trying to find the error in the internet but did not found anything.

Computer: Fujitsu Esprimo D556/E85+
Intel i3-6100 CPU
8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 RAM
500GB HDD.

Thank you very much!
Kalli21

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2024
Yes, I can not open BIOS. I have been trying to start the computer with the keyboard on all four USB ports in the front and in the back, but nothing changed. First i tried with the 500GB HDD, but then I took a other SSD that also have Ubuntu installed and that did not go either.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Remove all storage devices, then try starting and accessing the BIOS.

Another thing to try to access the BIOS is to power the system down. Place your hand on the keyboard, holding several keys down. Then power on. Keep hand on keys. This may trigger a keyboard error and then allow you to access the BIOS.