AtNvme

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
www.twitch.tv
Greetings,

My friend's PC suddenly seems to have stopped working after having similar, but lesser issues for a while.
It seems it always had issues booting up, leaving an infinite black screen after startup (no BIOS), but those issues would simply go away and happen rarely.
This time, it seems it had given up completely, and so we completely rebuilt, going from AM4+ to LGA 1511 (Z390 with i5-9700k) and 16GB of DDR4 RAM.

After installing all of the new parts, the issue kept happening. The exact same thing, then we thought, knowing the GPU wasn't the issue from trying to boot using CPU graphics and having the same result, the only other option would be a bad cable/PSU.
We then changed that and the issue was still there. We tried a different set of WORKING RAM and nothing.

At this point I suspect DOA (dead on arrival) parts and do not exclude the possibility of a manipulation error, but would it be possible I am missing something?

Here are the exact specs for compatibility check purposes:
CPU: i5-9700k
MOBO: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz (8x2) (they are in the correct slots)
GPU: MSI RX 580
PSU: EVGA 750W G3

I've tried on multiple monitors, yes.

I'm not sure what you mean by MB standoffs.

If you did not know what the standoffs were, you may want to have another person check over the system. Those are one of the basic computer setup parts, it would be like a mechanic forgetting to put the spark plugs back in an engine after working on it or something. I would guess it was a build issue or a part you did not check like the power supply.

AtNvme

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
www.twitch.tv
If you did not know what the standoffs were, you may want to have another person check over the system. Those are one of the basic computer setup parts, it would be like a mechanic forgetting to put the spark plugs back in an engine after working on it or something. I would guess it was a build issue or a part you did not check like the power supply.
English is not my first language, hence why I didn't know what standoffs were, it's not my first time building a PC. If one said "motherboard supports" I would've known.
Either way there were no standoffs included in anything I've received. The old motherboard did not have any installed, but perhaps I should buy some?

Did you every try a clean install on the system drive or for the new build?
As for this, that's not the issue. The PC doesn't post, at all. I can't get into the BIOS.

EDIT: I've also had my computer technician friend over to have a look, and he did not see anything wrong.
EDIT2: As for the PSU, as I said, it is brand new, and seems to work just fine.

Last edited: