[SOLVED] G PRO X Superlight doesn't charge, stuck at 0% and disconnects 1 minute after being plugged in to charge ?

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
I have used the G Pro X Superlight mouse since May 2021, it has been great but about 1 year into usage I occasionally had a problem where the mouse would show the wrong percentage charge in the software, it wasn't a big deal because the mouse would still charge normally and work.

Today the mouse randomly disconnected whilst I was using my PC (even though I left it to charge overnight) so I thought maybe somehow it didn't charge and I plugged in to charge, at that point it should be usable but it is not, it keeps disconnecting every time I re-plug it in and in the software it's just stuck at 0% so it's unusable and it's not even charging.

I already tried reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the software, rebooting the PC, changing USB ports and even plugged it into my laptop to see if the same thing happens there and it does.

Does anyone know what could be up with this mouse? I have found nobody with this specific issue.

Solution
Look in Reliability History to determine if Windows captured any error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time(s) of the mouse disconnecting. Event Viewer can be used in much the same manner but is not as user friendly as Reliability History.

My thought is that the battery is beginning to falter and fail or the charger is not working correctly. Could be a combination of both....

Any warranty left?

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History to determine if Windows captured any error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time(s) of the mouse disconnecting. Event Viewer can be used in much the same manner but is not as user friendly as Reliability History.

My thought is that the battery is beginning to falter and fail or the charger is not working correctly. Could be a combination of both....

Any warranty left?

Reactions: Flame1
Solution

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017

Any warranty left?
I emailed logitech support and they kindly sent me a replacement mouse, interestingly though I started plugging in and unplugging the old mouse like 50 times over and all of a sudden it works normally now. The issue basically fixed itself. If it happens the next time I'll try doing the thing you mentioned in the first part, if nothing works then I can just start using the replacement mouse that they sent me, I really hope not though because the grips and skates I bought are gonna go to waste.

Got to say though my first experience with Logitech support was really good, so if anyone stumbles upon this with issues, don't be afraid to just contact them.

Thank you.