BOOMski

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
Hello everyone. I am having an issue with my new build crashing all games to desktop. No error, no message, just like an alt-f4 deal. Here are my specs - Crashes happen after an hour - sometimes less sometimes more after gaming. All temps are fine and nothing is overheating.

GPU - EVGA 2080TI Black edition
CPU - i9-9900k
Motherboard- MSI Z390 Pro Carbon
Memory - Viper 3200Mhz 32gigs
Windows 10
M.2 Samsung Evo 250gig (operation system and applications)
Samsung SSD 500gig (games)
Gold edition 850Watt PSU
Noctua NH-D15 air cooler

Currently I have all overclocks off. I checked the windows updates and driver updates as well as others and it seems all drivers are up to date. ISo here is the weird t hing, I took 16 gig (2 sticks of ram) out of the PC because I was thinking the issue was Memory related. Still had a crash. I decided to leave the 2 stick out and turn XMP off in the BIOS and run at the standard 2133mhz instead of 3200mhz. I got a solid 2 hours of gaming with no crashes. BUt why spend all the Money I did on this beast of a computer if I'm only getting 2133 of RAM speed and cannot overclock anything?! Should I increase the voltage of my RAM? Could this be the issue? Any help would be really nice. I'm at a loss here and honestly have done hours of research trying to figure this out. Thanks

BOOMski

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
EVGA Supernova 850watt Gold edition. Has been used for 3 years

I don;t know If i should make another post or not, but it seems my ram may be the cause or the XMP setting in BIOS. the ram is 3200MHz but comes stock at 2133MHz. I need to turn on XMP setting's in order to bring it up to the 3200MHz desired speed. but that's when I start getting crashes. I've been play all night with the ram set at default 2133MHZ.... Any idea's?