Jun 30, 2024
I have a big problem and i thought this is the only place where i can find a solution. I bought a brand new prebuilt pc like 3 days ago and i'm desperate because i'm already facing problems. Specifications are:
-Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
-Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0
-Graphics card AMD Radeon RX 580 8gb
-RAM Kingston fury beast 16gb (1 stick)
-PSU 650w it comes with the case
-Case Raidmax Talos window/black, 4x 120mm RGB/650W/RT650RGB
Problem is that some games crash without error, they just close to desktop and some give me errors, for example Counter-Strike 2 and Rocket League crash without error after about 1h of playing, but Fivem crashes after 2-3 minutes sometimes with errors popping up on the screen, and sometimes i have to see the error in event viewer. When i join games it's running perfect till it crashes. Fivem sometimes crashes and blackscreen, so i have to force shutdown on button, but rarely. Temperatures are ok, around 40°C when not ingame, and 60°C-70°C when ingame. I tried searching on the internet and found some things like adjusting setting in bios, but no hope. Did some test like sfc /scannow and memory diagnostic and it didn't say anything is wrong. I hope someone can help me to find a solution, and i hope it's not hardware problem.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I bought a brand new prebuilt pc
Better to contact the store from where you bought it, since they have an obligation to provide you customer support.

PSU 650w it comes with the case
Make and model (or part number) of this is?

I hope someone can help me to find a solution
Symptoms point towards software issue, rather than hardware. Could be due to the bloatware the SI installed in the system. Could be driver issue. Again, SI (Systems Integrator, aka the store that built and sold it), is responsible of it. So, contact the store and if need be, send the system in for repairs.

Jun 30, 2024
Better to contact the store from where you bought it, since they have an obligation to provide you customer support.

Make and model (or part number) of this is?

Symptoms point towards software issue, rather than hardware. Could be due to the bloatware the SI installed in the system. Could be driver issue. Again, SI (Systems Integrator, aka the store that built and sold it), is responsible of it. So, contact the store and if need be, send the system in for repairs.
I said above psu comes with case so i'm not sure,i just know it's 650w. About the system if i understood u correct u said the store has installed software? If that's what you're trying to say, no. I bought just the hardware, they have nothing to do with software i think. My games are working fine till the moment it crashes, sometimes it doesn't even freeze the screen, it just go to desktop like i pressed alt f4. I read so many similar situations and questions on this forum but none of them are solutions that i need.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I said above psu comes with case so i'm not sure
Well, open the PC case back panel and look what label there is on the PSU.
You might even need to remove the PSU from PC case, to see the PSU's label.

About the system if i understood u correct u said the store has installed software? If that's what you're trying to say, no. I bought just the hardware, they have nothing to do with software i think.
If issue wouldn't be software, there wouldn't be any errors popping up. But since there are errors that pop up, including showing in Event Viewer, something is wrong with the software part of the PC.

Btw, what exactly the errors are? What do they say?

Jun 30, 2024
Well, open the PC case back panel and look what label there is on the PSU.
You might even need to remove the PSU from PC case, to see the PSU's label.

If issue wouldn't be software, there wouldn't be any errors popping up. But since there are errors that pop up, including showing in Event Viewer, something is wrong with the software part of the PC.

Btw, what exactly the errors are? What do they say?
There are so many, every time it's something else, and sometimes there's no error even in event viewer. Common errors are 0x00000008, 0x0000409, 0x0000007f etc.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
There are so many, every time it's something else, and sometimes there's no error even in event viewer. Common errors are 0x00000008, 0x0000409, 0x0000007f etc.
The error code number doesn't tell me much. What the Event ID is?

And when there are different errors, then it means there are several different issues.

With this, there are 2 options:
1. Deep dive into OS with multiple troubleshooting steps, to find those needles in a haystack that causes the game crashes.
2. Format of OS drive and clean Win installation.

2n option is fastest and easiest, since it will remove all software issues, bloatware and malware (except rootkits).
Once you have clean Win installation, pay very close attention, after which software installation the game crashes come back.

Jun 30, 2024
The error code number doesn't tell me much. What the Event ID is?

And when there are different errors, then it means there are several different issues.

With this, there are 2 options:
1. Deep dive into OS with multiple troubleshooting steps, to find those needles in a haystack that causes the game crashes.
2. Format of OS drive and clean Win installation.

2n option is fastest and easiest, since it will remove all software issues, bloatware and malware (except rootkits).
Once you have clean Win installation, pay very close attention, after which software installation the game crashes come back.
Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1996, time stamp: 0x65d4d04c
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7e
Faulting process id: 0x1dc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb1c068d956b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: d780f7da-e509-4cd0-84f5-50f6a6a923e3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting application name: FiveM_ChromeBrowser, version: 2.0.0.8691, time stamp: 0x667aeb97
Faulting module name: CoreRT.dll, version: 1.0.0.8444, time stamp: 0x6661ecf1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000100d94
Faulting process id: 0x24f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb1c2c1585d2
Faulting application path: C:\Users\COMP\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.app\data\cache\subprocess\FiveM_ChromeBrowser
Faulting module path: C:\Users\COMP\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.app\CoreRT.dll
Report Id: 3617de56-4f17-45eb-a08d-7f80a843e42f
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x6119e5e4
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x3b097ee6
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x0000000000830f80
Faulting process id: 0x23f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb19daaa0b07
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report Id: 389fbe39-d35f-4e5b-92a1-a9fe8d4a6220
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x6119e5e4
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x3b097ee6
Faulting process id: 0x1314
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb19c477fac4
Report Id: a69febc4-fcf5-479a-bab1-bdeaef552bd1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting process id: 0x2308
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb19c337a817
Report Id: e683fe16-354d-453b-818b-24507841914a
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting application name: FiveM_ChromeBrowser, version: 2.0.0.8691, time stamp: 0x667aeb97
Faulting module name: nui-core.dll, version: 1.0.0.8444, time stamp: 0x6661ed26
Fault offset: 0x000000000007962e
Faulting process id: 0x2b14
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb19b95568cf
Faulting application path: C:\Users\COMP\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.app\data\cache\subprocess\FiveM_ChromeBrowser
Faulting module path: C:\Users\COMP\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.app\nui-core.dll
Report Id: 45b03417-8e27-4472-b1f4-cdc629a84b3c
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x7587d32c
Exception code: 0xe0000008
Fault offset: 0x000000000004491c
Faulting process id: 0x17c
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb19b47fe8d8
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 37abba76-9d4f-4804-8d2a-febf9287efcb
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x7cbe2305
Faulting module name: dwmcore.dll, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x594a43f8
Exception code: 0xc00001ad
Fault offset: 0x000000000026d8f4
Faulting process id: 0x510
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb0d99607df5
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\dwm.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\dwmcore.dll
Report Id: dad9f1a0-5835-42a3-9473-31efcffa5624
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x7cbe2305
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.21996.1, time stamp: 0x8857b99d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000040df2
Faulting process id: 0x51c
Faulting application start time: 0x01dacb0bde0c9907
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\dwm.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: c0c97824-e00b-4870-aa8e-58585adc804f
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't really know what this means but I hope you can tell me.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
These errors are all over the place. GPU drivers, Chrome Browser, Win kernel (explorer and dwm).

Troubleshooting steps (and i know that you've already done some of them):

Things to do;
1. Open Start.

2. Search for Command Prompt (or cmd.exe), right-click the top/correct result, and select the Run as administrator option.

3. Type the following command to perform system repair and press Enter:
SFC /scannow

4. If the scan found corrupt files and repaired them, run the same command again, just in case:
(if no errors were found, skip to step #5)
SFC /scannow

5. Once SFC /scannow is done, type the following command to perform a quick check and press Enter:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

6. Once this is done and even when corruption is not detected, type in another command for in-depth scan and press Enter:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

7. Once this is done and even when there are no issues with system image, type in another command for possible fixes and press Enter:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

8. Once the system image repair is complete, type in another command and press Enter:
SFC /scannow

9. After last once completes, final command with Enter press would be:
exit

This closes the terminal window.

Note: SFC /scannow, DISM /ScanHealth and DISM /RestoreHealth may take a long time to complete. Do not close the terminal window or do not reboot the system, when each of theses scans/fixes are taking place, even when they seemingly get stuck.

Another thing to try would be running your PC in Safe Mode and then trying to recreate the issues.
Note: You may not be able to run games under Safe Mode since GPU drivers aren't loaded. Instead Win default display drivers are used instead. But since many of the errors contain Chrome, Explorer.exe and dwm.exe, you should be able to force the issue appear again.

If there aren't any issues in Safe Mode, Win kernel is good.
But if there are issues even under Safe Mode, either the issue is with Win kernel or hardware.

So, do these two sets of testing (terminal and Safe Mode) and come back to tell how it went. I have one more idea of what the issue might be (software wise) and how to fix it, before moving onwards to possible hardware issue.

Jun 30, 2024
These errors are all over the place. GPU drivers, Chrome Browser, Win kernel (explorer and dwm).

Things to do;
1. Open Start.

2. Search for Command Prompt (or cmd.exe), right-click the top/correct result, and select the Run as administrator option.

SFC /scannow

4. If the scan found corrupt files and repaired them, run the same command again, just in case:
SFC /scannow

5. Once SFC /scannow is done, type the following command to perform a quick check and press Enter:

6. Once this is done and even when corruption is not detected, type in another command for in-depth scan and press Enter:

7. Once this is done and even when there are no issues with system image, type in another command for possible fixes and press Enter:

8. Once the system image repair is complete, type in another command and press Enter:
SFC /scannow

exit

Note: SFC /scannow, DISM /ScanHealth and DISM /RestoreHealth may take a long time to complete. Do not close the terminal window or do not reboot the system, when each of theses scans/fixes are taking place, even when they seemingly get stuck.

Another thing to try would be running your PC in Safe Mode and then trying to recreate the issues.
Note: You may not be able to run games under Safe Mode since GPU drivers aren't loaded. Instead Win default display drivers are used instead. But since many of the errors contain Chrome, Explorer.exe and dwm.exe, you should be able to force the issue appear again.

But if there are issues even under Safe Mode, either the issue is with Win kernel or hardware.

So, do these two sets of testing (terminal and Safe Mode) and come back to tell how it went. I have one more idea of what the issue might be (software wise) and how to fix it, before moving onwards to possible hardware issue.
I did first one and nothing changed, updating u when i do the second one.

Jun 30, 2024

Things to do;
1. Open Start.

SFC /scannow

SFC /scannow

SFC /scannow

exit

I figured out that the most common error is kernelbase.dll and sometimes the screen flashes a bit before crashing, what does it mean?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2024
could be power supply or you got dirty power comming out from your socket
but some of your codes points to either unstable memory or cpu power delivery

since its prebuilt, just return it or make them fix it
it's not socket 100%, previous pc was working fine, I was thinking it's memory, but again all parts are new so I don't know. I want to try to fix it myself with help of someone who know better than me because I'm not really expert, I know just the basic stuff. If I even returned it, what do I tell them, everything is working fine except some games chrome and edge are crashing when some game crash, but rarely.