Status
Not open for further replies.

raknor

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
Hey all.

I'm looking to purchase my first gaming desk and I would like to know if any of you guys have any suggestions. I would like it if my Pc is off the ground. And since I have two ROG PG279Q monitors I would like some suggestions on monitor brackets.

Thanks

WildCard999

Titan
It may help to list the space available for the desk and if your near a local store such as Staples. Could you do a corner desk? Do the monitors need to be on the desk or could they be mounted on the wall with adjustable arms? What is your budget? Knowing this could help us help you.

raknor

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
I'm moving out of home, so I can't give any exact measurements. A small to medium size desk would properly fit in my new place. An L shaped desk won't fit.

Monitors mounted on the desk is preferred as I would like to reduce the damage I do to the walls of my new place.

I don't want to go over $1000 if possible.

raknor

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
I'm not sure if I am near any stores that sell gaming desks. I'm near Carlin Springs/ Sunshine/ Ballarat area.

The only stores I can think of the top of my head right now are Office Works and Furniture Galore. I now there more but I can't think of them right now.

I've got a car so i don't mind traveling to pick up my new desk. But I do prefer getting it shipped to my new place.

Ralston18

Titan
Do remember to check Thrift stores. E.g., Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc..

You can find some very good desks at reasonable prices and even all the more so if the desk is on sale and they want to get it off the floor. (And that applies to big box stores as well. May have cosmetic damage that may not even be visible when you place the desk. Or the damage is easily hidden with a bit of touching up.

And it is less "stressful" to go ahead and drill into or otherwise modify a used desk versus a brand new desk that is not just quite right.

A tape measure and an accurate office area diagram will be very useful. Even some photographs to help visualize possibilities.

By the way: I also like to keep my desktops off of the floor - not completely so as I use a small wheeled (DYI) platform to hold the desktop. Just 3 or 4 inches up - but easy to move as necessary for maintenance and cleaning.

raknor

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
My room is roughly 3x5 meters.

The bed is approximately 2200X1000mm
My old desk (that's falling apart) is 1300x60mm

I'm still in the process of moving into my new place so the room is still unfurnished.

Tomorrow morning I'm of work so I'm going to some stores and see if I can gone anything that I like.

Photo of room.
Diagram of room

Status
Not open for further replies.