Oct 11, 2020
Im using this GPU. The rest of the system and the GPU works, but it's fans don't. I haven't booted it properly yet, so maybe it's because I don't have some driver or software for it installed? Everything else is where it should be connected on the motherboard.

Solution
Im using this GPU. The rest of the system and the GPU works, but it's fans don't. I haven't booted it properly yet, so maybe it's because I don't have some driver or software for it installed? Everything else is where it should be connected on the motherboard.
Might just be 0RPM mode, which means that the fans will only start spinning when the card hits a certain temperature point ex. 60C, 50C whatever its set as out of the box.
If you want your fans to spin you can turn off 0rpm mode from msi afterburner if i remember correctly by setting a custom fan curve.

However you can keep it on if you dont want to hassle with a custom fan curve. Having it on means no harm to your gpu as constant 50-60C is not anywhere near...
Might just be 0RPM mode, which means that the fans will only start spinning when the card hits a certain temperature point ex. 60C, 50C whatever its set as out of the box.
If you want your fans to spin you can turn off 0rpm mode from msi afterburner if i remember correctly by setting a custom fan curve.

However you can keep it on if you dont want to hassle with a custom fan curve. Having it on means no harm to your gpu as constant 50-60C is not anywhere near in the damaging temperatures.

Reactions: SurgeUps
Solution