Zenoctra

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
I replaced my GPU under the belief that I had enough of a PSU but after the whole PC crashed I decided I better replace the PSU to accommodate the upgrade. I replaced and plugged everything in and it all turned on but nothing is coming out on the screen. The fans on the GPU and the CPU LED are both turning on so they are getting power but nothing is coming on to the screen. I’ve double checked the connection and it all seems in order. Did the GPU get damaged in the crash or is there something else.

Specs-
GTX 1060
EVGA 850 Watts
And I don’t know what processor it is without looking at the System Tab on the control panel.

My old PSU was 500 watt
My old GPU was GTX 750

Update: I put back in my old GPU and nothing changed so I’m guessing that is not to blame. I’ll check connections again but is motherboard damage a possibility and If so how would I know.

I’m wondering if my processor isn’t getting power. I’ve got a CPU cable plugged into the EPU port. Don’t know if that matters. Or it might be a EATX 12V port if that means anything. It’s also an ASUS M5A99X EVO 2.0 motherboard.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the old PSU? How old was the unit? Model for the replacement EVGA PSU? When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'll reserve my doubts about that board but are you running an FX processor on that board by any chance?