xtargetx

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
As the title says, my GPU won't boot if installed on my PC, but it will boot if I install it on my brother's PC.

My specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 4600g
CPU cooler: coolmoon T6
Motherboard: MSI B450m
Ram: 16gb ddr 4 3200
SSD/HDD: 500gb ssd and 3 tb HDD
GPU: RX 6600
PSU: Corsair CV 650
Chassis: I think its a rakk chassis
Monitor: an Nvision 1080p monitor

Initially, we thought it was the mobo so we replaced it with a new one. Still won't boot. Then I replaced the PSU, still won't boot I updated drivers, still won't boot. I checked rams still won't boot. Restarted Cmos and reseated GPU and it still won't boot.

I know the CPU and mobo aren't the problem because it boots just fine if I use the 4600G's IGPU. The GPU fans also spin.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: Corsair 650W
Corsair is the brand of the unit while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: xtargetx

xtargetx

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
PSU: Corsair 650W
Corsair is the brand of the unit while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
Got it

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Need the motherboard model and also PSU model. If PSU is modular check both ends of pcie cable is properly plugged in. Pcie slot provides power as well so that's enough for GPU fans to spin but if pcie plug is slightly off either side you won't get a display.

Try update bios also.

xtargetx

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Need the motherboard model and also PSU model. If PSU is modular check both ends of pcie cable is properly plugged in. Pcie slot provides power as well so that's enough for GPU fans to spin but if pcie plug is slightly off either side you won't get a display.

Try update bios also.
Unfortunately the mobo is non-modular. Though I have a CS 650 and a CV 650 and I used both to test it and still nothing.

TRENDING THREADS