[SOLVED] Graphics Card Upgrade Options (Compatibility)

Solution
Hello! Is it possible for that I will upgrade my case, psu, and gpu? Will my other components fit?

It's a standard Micro-ATX motherboard. It will fit within and attach to a motherboard tray in any case that supports Micro-ATX motherboards (most do). Add a quality power supply and you could add whatever graphics card you can afford.

-Wolf sends
Really not much you can do to upgrade your GPU. Your computer only has a 180W power supply so the GPU will have to get all the power from the PCIe slot. The current card has a total power consumption of about 50W so you will need to find a GPU with similar power requirements. With your current setup the fastest GPU that MIGHT work is the GTX 1650.

Yeah, that doesn't look too promising. That PSU is inadequate for anything that needs more than the 75 watts available from the PCIe slot and since it's not the regular ATX form factor, you may have difficulty finding a more powerful PSU that bolts up. Might be worth looking into though.

Aside from that, you'll have to make sure that potential cards aren't too long for your case; there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room in there. A blower-fan style card would be better too seeing as how there isn't much airflow in that case.

Last edited:
I have an HP Pavilion Computer and I'm planning to upgrade my gpu to play games that I can't play right now.

This is my PC specs https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c04997122

Cheers and thank you for reading!
Also I can confirm that the PSU is quite inadequate for your computer and the fastest gpu you can get is a cheap GTX1650 without a PCI-E port. Even that will be a risk for your power supply. So like mentioned above, try finding a good power supply and then your options will become larger. Other than that it will be compatible for your motherboard etc etc.

Standard atx psu in that system, so an upgrade is fairly painless.

Its tight though so buy a short depth one (150mm max)

Gpu wise I think you're limited to about 260mm length too, it's looking like a single fan card really and besides that the hp case doesn't really have great cooling capabilities either.

How much do you have budget wise??

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020
I’ve opened my pc and saw that my psu is up to 300W at 25C and 260W at 50C
Really not much you can do to upgrade your GPU. Your computer only has a 180W power supply so the GPU will have to get all the power from the PCIe slot. The current card has a total power consumption of about 50W so you will need to find a GPU with similar power requirements. With your current setup the fastest GPU that MIGHT work is the GTX 1650.

Jul 9, 2020
Hello! Is it possible for that I will upgrade my case, psu, and gpu? Will my other components fit?
Standard atx psu in that system, so an upgrade is fairly painless.

Its tight though so buy a short depth one (150mm max)

Gpu wise I think you're limited to about 260mm length too, it's looking like a single fan card really and besides that the hp case doesn't really have great cooling capabilities either.

How much do you have budget wise??

Without seeing in real life I couldn't be 100% sure.

Looking at the board (zooming in etc) it absolutely looks standard 244x244 matx, all the mounting holes 'look' to be in the correct place etc.

I'll say at at that I'm 99% sure and leave it to you.

I did ask before though, what's your max budget for psu and GPU upgrade?

Case should be your last priority if you can squeeze a shortish GPU in there that will perform adequately.

Jul 9, 2020
Without seeing in real life I couldn't be 100% sure.

Looking at the board (zooming in etc) it absolutely looks standard 244x244 matx, all the mounting holes 'look' to be in the correct place etc.

I'll say at at that I'm 99% sure and leave it to you.

I did ask before though, what's your max budget for psu and GPU upgrade?

Case should be your last priority if you can squeeze a shortish GPU in there that will perform adequately.
Wouldn’t there be a problem since it is a prebuilt pc? Like if some parts are locked