Question GTA 5 is only running at around 50-70 fps with the GTX 1660 Ti

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Hello!
I have a GTX 1660 Ti and whenever I'm playing GTA 5 online, I only get around 50-70 fps.
My friend with a GTX 1050 Ti is getting 100+ fps, so I don't understand this anymore.
The GPU is hardly used by the game

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on settings and if use GE to optimise. Different gpus yes but settings? I doubt it. And if you do use GE (Geforce Experience) be careful it doesn't increase resolution factors (DSR) and like grass set to maximum. There is a quality slider option in GE settings if you still want to use it but not set settings too high. Or run through the list it changes and modify yourself.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Depends on settings and if use GE to optimise. Different gpus yes but settings? I doubt it. And if you do use GE (Geforce Experience) be careful it doesn't increase resolution factors (DSR) and like grass set to maximum. There is a quality slider option in GE settings if you still want to use it but not set settings too high. Or run through the list it changes and modify yourself.
I use GE, but I have tried to uninstall GE and was the same.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you use GE to optimise though? Because those settings would still be set in GTA. You'll need to go through settings in GTA and look for stuff like view distance, population density, resolution scaling, grass quality, shadows etc. GE can have someone lost in settings because it can change all sorts and you'll not know exactly what.

Perhaps ask your 1050ti friend to screenshot all his GTA settings and copy for baseline and adjust as you want since your gpu is considerably faster.

And list rest of your pc specs including your friend's to compare because GTA online is cpu intensive.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Did you use GE to optimise though? Because those settings would still be set in GTA. You'll need to go through settings in GTA and look for stuff like view distance, population density, resolution scaling, grass quality, shadows etc. GE can have someone lost in settings because it can change all sorts and you'll not know exactly what.

Perhaps ask your 1050ti friend to screenshot all his GTA settings and copy for baseline and adjust as you want since your gpu is considerably faster.

And list rest of your pc specs including your friend's to compare because GTA online is cpu intensive.
My GTX 1050ti friend uses every setting on max.
I use the same settings for this this GPU as the other one (GTX 1650 Super)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
My GTX 1050ti friend uses every setting on max.

Doubt 100+, not with settings all set to max. But what is max? Does game preset also set antialiasing to maximum?, i don't remember. 1050ti is not capable of 100+ max settings. There has to be something else different.

Not quite max, not quite sustainable at 80fps, 1080p no antialiasing with 1050ti.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Doubt 100+, not with settings all set to max. But what is max? Does game preset also set antialiasing to maximum?, i don't remember. 1050ti is not capable of 100+ max settings. There has to be something else different.

Not quite max, not quite sustainable at 80fps, 1080p no antialiasing with 1050ti.

Yeah, I don't know exactly the settings, but most of the settings are definitely very high. I was at his house a few months ago.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Usage seems low but not sure what that could be and don't want to alarm because it's probably not an indicator. Test other games to isolate game specific conundrums.

Do you have graphics scheduling turned on? Type graphics in search bar.
Other games work perfectly fine.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Usage seems low but not sure what that could be and don't want to alarm because it's probably not an indicator. Test other games to isolate game specific conundrums.

Do you have graphics scheduling turned on? Type graphics in search bar.
image.png