Jul 13, 2020
I have an MSI GTX 1070 8gb in my PC. I suspect it has overheated because I was playing COD yesterday and everything froze. It stayed frozen for a while until I got impatient and turned everything off. Now when I turn my machine on everything works, but I get no signal to my monitor. I've tried different cables, and my XBOX 360 sends a signal, so I believe it has to do with my GPU. Any idea on how to fix this? I am open to purchasing a new card, but I want to know what can be done to fix this issue.

Senbonzakura_miku

Commendable
May 13, 2019
I have an MSI GTX 1070 8gb in my PC. I suspect it has overheated because I was playing COD yesterday and everything froze. It stayed frozen for a while until I got impatient and turned everything off. Now when I turn my machine on everything works, but I get no signal to my monitor. I've tried different cables, and my XBOX 360 sends a signal, so I believe it has to do with my GPU. Any idea on how to fix this? I am open to purchasing a new card, but I want to know what can be done to fix this issue.
doesn't sound like a simple problem, i don't want to say but it might be dead, because i saw many many gpus on sale not sending signal or only in safe mode for 1/10 of it's price.
i don't know if it can be repaired or not. can you do an rma?

poorbugger

Distinguished
I had this problem many years ago with my asus hd 7970 directcuii. Screen froze and no more display the next time i booted. It stayed on my shelf for many years until i tried this yesterday. I opened up the graphics card exposing the chip and heated it up with a hairdryer 8 to 10cm away from the chip. It manage to display again but was unstable. There were artifacts and crashed upon launching a game. I'm not sure if it was driver conflicts with my current gpu but i couldnt bother as i manage to get it to display again and i stopped there. I dont recommend doing what i did because your gpu may not be broken until that extent. Do an rma if possible. If not, you can try out my method or get a new card.