May 15, 2024
PC: LENOVO Prebuilt.

Specs:
Windows 11 V.10.0.22631
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800 8-core.
GPU: RTX 3060 LHR
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 (came with P.C.) 2X Corsair DDR4 (put on myself).
Storage: 1 x HDD 1TB. 1 x SSD PCle 2 TB.
1 x Wi-Fi AX; Bluetooth 5.1 or above. .
I use Arctis Nova 5 headphones, I have to use a dongle to use them via Bluetooth.

I have several issues going on with my p.c. One problem is after I play an online game, my internet will cut off and kick me from my game. this happens several times while playing a 30 min session. It happens while on Wi-Fi or LAN. When I run the Windows troubleshoot, it says it can't reach the host, and Once I reset the adapter, it works for another 10 min. and then goes off. If I don't reset it, it will come back on within 2 minutes. usually. and work for another 10 min. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, getting new drivers, and resetting my IP and TCP. Nothing seems to work.

My other issues is Most games i play will start stuttering after 15-30 min of gameplay. my whole computer stutters. the stutters are consistent, and don't stop till I get off the game. my audio stutters as well or cuts off only some of the audio, like the characters will stop talking, but I can hear background noise. I run all my games on the lowest setting even though i feel it should be able to handle much more than low settings. semi-recently, if I keep playing the game, it will fully restart my computer. sometimes a blue screen appears for about half a second, and then it restarts my P.C.

I've tried updating my drivers, and it doesn't help. I took my p.c. to a computer repair store, and they said they couldn't replicate my issue but said my GPU temps were a little high, so they re-did the thermal (I ran a bunch of benches and such, and my temps were just fine.). That still didnt fix my issue. I have two monitors, one Samsung and one MSI. One is hdmi cord, and the other, I think, is a display cord. Idk what kind it is but it like locks into the port unlike a normal hdmi cord. I play the games on the display with the display cord. I usually watch a YouTube video while playing games, and it makes the videos stutter as well. I have tried not having YouTube open as well.

I installed the SSD myself. I had to use a partition, i forgot why. on one partition is the OS and the rest is games and such. I have ran several benches and nothing tells me i have an issue. Idk if i can post pictures but i have pictures of the benches. If you need more info, please ask. Please help me.

You're mixing memory on a Lenovo board, not sure that's a good idea. Try running each pair of sticks on their own and test if the issues occur.

Also make sure the power delivery chips around the CPU are getting enough air over them. Because I'm guessing a Lenovo board won't have sufficient heatsinks and cooling for the voltage regulators driving the power to your 5800x.

There's two things to try.

Reactions: darezanny
May 15, 2024
You're mixing memory on a Lenovo board, not sure that's a good idea. Try running each pair of sticks on their own and test if the issues occur.

Also make sure the power delivery chips around the CPU are getting enough air over them. Because I'm guessing a Lenovo board won't have sufficient heatsinks and cooling for the voltage regulators driving the power to your 5800x.

There's two things to try.
I'm not sure how to see if there is enough air, but I have 4 fans: one on GPU, one on the back, and two up front. When i installed the additional ram i didn't see any issues for months. could they start having issues?

Like any electronic component, memory sticks can just pack up or misbehave. Likely only one if so, but doing what I said could rule that out.

A photo of your case with the side off and showing what's around the CPU would be useful here to determine whether your cooling is sufficient, but overheating voltage regulators will starve the CPU of the power it needs to run correctly and optimally.

May 15, 2024
Like any electronic component, memory sticks can just pack up or misbehave. Likely only one if so, but doing what I said could rule that out.

A photo of your case with the side off and showing what's around the CPU would be useful here to determine whether your cooling is sufficient, but overheating voltage regulators will starve the CPU of the power it needs to run correctly and optimally.
How do i add pictures?

What is your power supply make ? Stuttering can be issues with not enough power to components a bad overclock.

Download he monitor should give system temps and more info on name of the motherboard also run this while trying to plays game for like 3 minutes and see what the temps say. If any say 100 degrees usually temp 6 is a bug which is normal.
https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.53.exe

Also do you have frequent internet issues or drop outs. And is your internet broadband or fibre

not yet. I'm running a program someone gave me on Discord, and then I'm going to update it.

we can rule out mosfets getting 2 hot as all the temps look fine.

im a little concerned that the cpu is overheating though because you only ran the game for a few minutes and the temp went up to 76c. thats quite a jump in temperature difference i suspect that if you left it on the pc would have either overheated.

theres a few things you can do is 1 clean of the paste of cpu under cooler and clean the cooler as well of old thermal paste and reapply new thermal paste see if that makes a diffrence.

or 2 is set bios to default before updating bios.

this will remove any factory overclocks.

then theres updating the bios.

May 15, 2024
we can rule out mosfets getting 2 hot as all the temps look fine.

im a little concerned that the cpu is overheating though because you only ran the game for a few minutes and the temp went up to 76c. thats quite a jump in temperature difference i suspect that if you left it on the pc would have either overheated.

theres a few things you can do is 1 clean of the paste of cpu under cooler and clean the cooler as well of old thermal paste and reapply new thermal paste see if that makes a diffrence.

or 2 is set bios to default before updating bios.

this will remove any factory overclocks.

then theres updating the bios.
well ive ran this before while playing for hours and the temps dont ever go over that. if i update the bios will it auto go back to default?