[SOLVED] Having issues with motherboard's CPU power connectors.

mario7770

Distinguished
BANNED
Oct 24, 2013
I Bought a ASUS TUF x570 Plus gaming motherboard and Ryzen 3700X CPU and my motherboard has a (2X2) + (2X4) CPU power connectors. But my current PSU is a 750W Masterwatt Coolermaster that has only one (2X4) CPU power connector. Will it cause anyissues if I leave the (2X4) connector open? Please help

Solution
You need to use the two 4 pin EPS power connectors, which generally look like one 8 pin connector when inserted. The additional 4 pin connector is generally only necessary for extreme overclocking.

So use the 4+4 pin EPS connectors, but unless you have problems or are doing some high level overclocking, don't worry about the additional 4 pin EPS connection.

Also, it would be advisable to think about getting a higher quality power supply. That one is definitely not on par with the level of quality of the rest of the hardware.
You need to use the two 4 pin EPS power connectors, which generally look like one 8 pin connector when inserted. The additional 4 pin connector is generally only necessary for extreme overclocking.

So use the 4+4 pin EPS connectors, but unless you have problems or are doing some high level overclocking, don't worry about the additional 4 pin EPS connection.

Also, it would be advisable to think about getting a higher quality power supply. That one is definitely not on par with the level of quality of the rest of the hardware.

Solution
May 8, 2020
Hi. Sorry to jump in on your question, but I have the same problem, I only have 1x8 pin and four 6x2 PCI-e connectors and my GPU needs an 8 pin. When you read the voltage config of the 8 pin it does not match the voltage requirements of the Mobo, ( one set of pins the voltage is swopped 12V and Gnd). Could I use the PCI-e 6x2 to make 8 pins for both GPU and 8 pin Mobo requirements?

6+2 is the SAME THING as an 8 pin PCIe power connector. That's WHY it has 6 PLUS 2. To make 8. There are no 8 pin EPS connectors. They are 4+4 pin and if you look closely the connector will "snap" in half for boards that only require a 4 pin connection. You do not want to use that for your graphics card as the pinout is different.

You use the 6+2 for the 8 pin on your graphics card. If you have more questions, start your own thread, send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you there.