dlenchert57

Honorable
Jul 15, 2018
I had recently built a new computer with a AORUS B650 Elite AX, a Ryzen 9 7900x, and a GTX 980 TI, now using the integrated graphics until I get my new graphics card. I had started facing problems in the beginning where I kept having trouble getting the BIOS to output to the dedicated GPU. The BIOS would only show with a cable plugged into the motherboard HDMI. What is weird is that when I got into the bios screen, it would be outputting to the DP plugged into the graphics card, even though it was not working without the motherboard HDMI plugged in. No matter what I did, It would refuse to work normally. Sometimes it would switch outputs when updating the BIOS, sometimes it would refuse to work at all. Eventually I stopped caring because everything else worked, and I could still get into the BIOS if I needed to. But after selling the graphics card in order to buy a upgrade, I have been having trouble getting the integrated graphics working. The driver kept refusing to load, and would crash and keep going to black when it was loaded. I tried different different drivers and workarounds, but it would crash no matter what. I got tired of trying to get it working, so I gave up and decided to wait.

Today I thought that I would try to decrease the RAM speed to see if it was causing it to become unstable. After I changed the settings for it, the computer refused to give me a display output. I could tell that Windows was loaded, but no display. I went to reset the BIOS and it would work again, but stop working right when I changed the BIOS again. I was not sure what was wrong, but I tried using a HDMI cable along with the DP plugged into the computer to see if it worked, and now it would actually show a display output. So far I have been so frustrated with it because I have no clue what is going on and why it is acting like this, Everything else about the computer works and I can even use XMP and do stress tests without any problems. So far based on the issues I think that the issue is being caused by the BIOS, or the motherboard. It might also be the CPU or RAM, but I don't think it is likely the issue. I wanted to ask if anyone has any clue on what could be causing these issues, and if anyone else has had this problem. I really want to use my computer without having to mess around to do what I want to do.

Specs:
AORUS B650 Elite AX Rev 1.2
Ryzen 9 7900x
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB
EVGA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W
Windows 11

What model is your monitor? What resolution and input is your MONITOR set to?

Have you bothered to try running the DDU, removing ALL existing graphics drivers (Nvidia and AMD, which means having to run it twice. Once to remove the Nvidia drivers and then again to remove the AMD drivers) and THEN performing a clean install of the AMD graphics and chipset drivers. Also, if you don't have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed, you probably want to visit the AMD website, find the latest B650 driver and install it. After you run the DDU, twice.

It would also be a very good idea to make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed which for your board is FA5f, released just five days ago. There's a good chance it may help correct any memory compatibility issues as well since that is one of the noted changes for that and other previous BIOS releases.

dlenchert57

Honorable
Jul 15, 2018
I installed the BIOS Update and now I can use the bios without the HDMI cable, but the graphics driver still crashes, even after using DDU for both drivers and installing the latest chipset and graphics drivers. If the driver is enabled, it will work like normal for a bit. After around 10-20 seconds, it starts to lag and freeze up. It eventually freezes then goes to a black screen. It then shows windows again but still frozen but then goes back to black. This happens a few times before I am forced to restart or the driver automatically disables itself. When I look at event viewer, all it says is that "Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

The monitor is a
Acer ED323QU P at 2560x1440p 165hz

Last edited: