Aug 8, 2020
I am considering buying a new PC. The GPU is GTX 1650 Super which has HDMI port. On the other hand my monitor only has VGA port.
My question is: If I buy a HDMI to VGA adapter (without an audio cable) will I have sound because some adapters comes with audio cable. I don't know what is that audio cable for. And what is the difference between adapter without audio cable and one with audio cable. Maybe the question is stupid for some of you, please tell me.

Thank you!

RealBeast

Titan
I am considering buying a new PC. The GPU is GTX 1650 Super which has HDMI port. On the other hand my monitor only has VGA port.
My question is: If I buy a HDMI to VGA adapter (without an audio cable) will I have sound because some adapters comes with audio cable. I don't know what is that audio cable for. And what is the difference between adapter without audio cable and one with audio cable. Maybe the question is stupid for some of you, please tell me.

Thank you!
While an HDMI cable will carry sound, you will need to use a 3.5mm RCA jack for sound if you use a VGA cable. The VGA specification does not include sound.

TRENDING THREADS