The No Face Guy

Commendable
Feb 15, 2019
I am planning to buy new components for my PC. But i am afraid about bottlenecking. Most of the choosing guides online said to buy a component and then test it. If not satisfied, return it. But i am buying it from aliexpress. It is a international website. Which means, no returns. So, these are the choices-

(Please note that CPU is an i7-4790)
GPU:
  1. AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
  2. Nvidia GTX 960 4GB
  3. AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
  4. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB
You can say other recommendations if you have so.

Also, is 12GB DDR3 1866MHz enough ram?

Thank you in advance.

Solution
If you play fast action games, buy the strongest graphics card your budget will allow.
That is likely, the RX570.
What is the make/model of your psu?
It should be 500w of good quality.
Here is a chart for the requirements of other options:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Your 12gb is fine for gaming.
If you are also multitasking you may want more.
Your setup will be dual channel operation; that is good.

If you play cpu centric games, the graphics card may not matter much.
Regardless, buy the strongest graphics card available to you.
If you do not, you will forever wonder if you made a mistake.
You know who tests components? Review sites like TomsHardware. That way you don't have to.

RX570 4GB is th e way to go from that list. You can get those for ~$110-$120 (if you're in the USA). If the RX470 is cheaper with a better cooler, you could OC it to match the RX570 (they're the same GPU, the RX570 is factory overclocked).

You will ALWAYS have some bottlenecking, don't worry too much about it
(As long as you don't combine very old hardware with new hardware)

the 570 is the one you want
And yes 12 gb ddr3 1866 will do fine

My recommendation is go for a 1060 6gb or 580 8 gb as they are very cheap

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
  1. 12GB of RAM is a little strange. Is this an 8GB stick combined with a 4GB stick, or some other arrangement? It seems like this would cause your RAM to run (at least partially, if not fully) in single-channel mode, rather than dual-channel mode. That hurts performance a little bit.
  2. Throw the word "bottleneck" out of your vocabulary. It has almost become meaningless because too many people misuse the term to try and get a perfect match between CPU and GPU... which does not exist. They also tend to assume that if you have some "perfect match" between CPU or GPU, then increasing ONE of those two components to a better performing one will somehow reduce overall performance, which is not true.

What video card and CPU you need is based on two things:
  1. Your monitor - its resolution, refresh rate, and whether it has an adaptive sync technology like FreeSync or GSync.
  2. What games you play.

That said, of the video cards you've listed, the RX 570 is the best performing, and, when purchased new, is the best bang for your buck.

The No Face Guy

Commendable
Feb 15, 2019
  1. 12GB of RAM is a little strange. Is this an 8GB stick combined with a 4GB stick, or some other arrangement? It seems like this would cause your RAM to run (at least partially, if not fully) in single-channel mode, rather than dual-channel mode. That hurts performance a little bit.
  2. Throw the word "bottleneck" out of your vocabulary. It has almost become meaningless because too many people misuse the term to try and get a perfect match between CPU and GPU... which does not exist. They also tend to assume that if you have some "perfect match" between CPU or GPU, then increasing ONE of those two components to a better performing one will somehow reduce overall performance, which is not true.
What video card and CPU you need is based on two things:
  1. Your monitor - its resolution, refresh rate, and whether it has an adaptive sync technology like FreeSync or GSync.
  2. What games you play.
That said, of the video cards you've listed, the RX 570 is the best performing, and, when purchased new, is the best bang for your buck.
It is 2 4gig sticks with 2 2gig sticks. All are at 1866MHz. Although, i have a fixed cpu choice. No changing of that

If you play fast action games, buy the strongest graphics card your budget will allow.
That is likely, the RX570.
What is the make/model of your psu?
It should be 500w of good quality.
Here is a chart for the requirements of other options:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Your 12gb is fine for gaming.
If you are also multitasking you may want more.
Your setup will be dual channel operation; that is good.

If you play cpu centric games, the graphics card may not matter much.
Regardless, buy the strongest graphics card available to you.
If you do not, you will forever wonder if you made a mistake.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS