s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
Hello everyone,

so my pc specs are : cpu 10400f
mobo msi z490 A-pro
ram crucial ballistix 16gb 4000mhz 16-18-18-38
gpu evga 980 ti sc+ acx 2.0 (OCED +125 core / +325 memory)
AOC 24g2u monitor (144hz)

i am only playing warzone and i have followed every guide for optimizations and tweaks but i notice some delay (not talking about ms or internet spikes or packet loss)

my FPS fluctuate from 90 to 145 and most of the time the game runs around 100 to 120 . my cpu and gpu times (from warzone options menu) is mostly around 9ms to 11ms.

i am currently using on adv.options gpu memory 0.75 and render worker count 5

checking task manager i see these (picture at the end)
my cpu usage goes to 100% and 2-3 of the logical processors run at 100%
my gpu stays at 98% and
disk usage is jumping from 20-30% to 75-90% most of the time running above 60% (game is installed on HDD)

View: https://imgur.com/a/lWrUDIi

does anyone have any idea why this is happening ?
is something wrong with the drivers? do i need to DDU and uninstall GeForce experience?(only using it for updates)
do i have bottleneck from gpu/cpu ?
do i need to change anything ?
should i move the game to my SSD?

Solution
should i cap the frames of the game ? will it improve latency ?
if yes should i use the rivastatistics through afterburner or from game's menu frame limiter?
More FPS = Lower latency frametime and latency. For competitiveness, i prefer more fps and lowest settings (while max msaa + anisotropic and far distance and sometimes better detail) and nvidia reflex + boost. But if you don't feel the less latency/delay when you're playing (like the differences between 120fps+ and 60fps locked in 60hz monitor and so on) then vsync shouldn't be a trouble. it is always normal to have either cpu or gpu or even both maxed when playing heavy competitive games at uncapped fps and mid to high settings, since it always keep the frames updated...
Hello everyone,

so my pc specs are : cpu 10400f
mobo msi z490 A-pro
ram crucial ballistix 16gb 4000mhz 16-18-18-38
gpu evga 980 ti sc+ acx 2.0 (OCED +125 core / +325 memory)
AOC 24g2u monitor (144hz)

i am only playing warzone and i have followed every guide for optimizations and tweaks but i notice some delay (not talking about ms or internet spikes or packet loss)

my FPS fluctuate from 90 to 145 and most of the time the game runs around 100 to 120 . my cpu and gpu times (from warzone options menu) is mostly around 9ms to 11ms.

i am currently using on adv.options gpu memory 0.75 and render worker count 5

checking task manager i see these (picture at the end)
my cpu usage goes to 100% and 2-3 of the logical processors run at 100%
my gpu stays at 98% and
disk usage is jumping from 20-30% to 75-90% most of the time running above 60% (game is installed on HDD)

View: https://imgur.com/a/lWrUDIi

does anyone have any idea why this is happening ?
is something wrong with the drivers? do i need to DDU and uninstall GeForce experience?(only using it for updates)
do i have bottleneck from gpu/cpu ?
do i need to change anything ?
should i move the game to my SSD?
everything is good, you need a better gpuu to push the frame more.

s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
everything is good, you need a better gpuu to push the frame more.

so it's normal for my cpu to run at 100%? don't i lose frames?
i saw on that
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLE2fnL3B-4
video that if your logical processor runs at 100% it's bottleneck.
will uninstalling geforce experience and a clean driver install fix anything ?
or everything happening is because of my old gpu
should i get a better cpu ? like 11400f?

s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
not a true statement. you could try to uninstall the gpu drivers and install the latest ones and you wont see any differences, also VSync it and you'll see it's never go at 100%. It occures because the frames is unlimited, process everything the processor could at fullest capability,

if yes should i use the rivastatistics through afterburner or from game's menu frame limiter?

More FPS = Lower latency frametime and latency. For competitiveness, i prefer more fps and lowest settings (while max msaa + anisotropic and far distance and sometimes better detail) and nvidia reflex + boost. But if you don't feel the less latency/delay when you're playing (like the differences between 120fps+ and 60fps locked in 60hz monitor and so on) then vsync shouldn't be a trouble. it is always normal to have either cpu or gpu or even both maxed when playing heavy competitive games at uncapped fps and mid to high settings, since it always keep the frames updated while also rendering the objects and calculate the physics every frame.

Solution

s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
More FPS = Lower latency frametime and latency. For competitiveness, i prefer more fps and lowest settings (while max msaa + anisotropic and far distance and sometimes better detail) and nvidia reflex + boost. But if you don't feel the less latency/delay when you're playing (like the differences between 120fps+ and 60fps locked in 60hz monitor and so on) then vsync shouldn't be a trouble. it is always normal to have either cpu or gpu or even both maxed when playing heavy competitive games at uncapped fps and mid to high settings, since it always keep the frames updated while also rendering the objects and calculate the physics every frame.
ok got it. i should upgrade my gpu then and maybe even monitor.
should i get a 11400 instead of the 10400f i currently have? (i can get it by giving only 25euros)

s3lin1

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
10700F or 11700F should be good, since that game will utilize more cores, and get a better gpu, it'll help you so much if you want to keep play in mid to high settings.
price of those is way to high. used are not to be found .
if i was willing to pay such a huge difference i think i should be looking to get a 5600x
i will try to change to 11400 for now and if prices drop i will get a 3060ti or higher