ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Soo I had to reset my bios because at first, I accidentally set my ram speed to 1866mhz while my ram sticks are actually 1600 mhz, so when I saved and exit, I got a blank screen, then that's when I reset my bios thru cmos battery so it would go back to default, it looked like it worked but now the PC keeps boot looping, it was booting up to motherboard manufacturer logo, then turns off (in sync with my peripherals turning off, aka mouse and keyboard)

When switched on, the pc boots up to motherboard logo loading screen, goes black screen, goes to motherboard logo loading screen but mow with "preparing automatic repair", turns off, then repeats itself

What I've tried so far:
  • I tried booting it to recovery mode, no luck (force shutdown pc 3x while booting method)
  • tried sticking a recovery usb on it, it won't boot in it but USB is detected on bios.
  • tried sticking in a windows installation usb/bootable usb, won't boot either but USB is also detected on bios. (Both drives worked instantly on a different computer)
  • clearing cmos with jumpers
  • resetting bios by removing cmos battery
  • cleaning both ram sticks thoroughly with an eraser and reseating them
  • boot up with only one of the ram sticks, alternatively
  • setting bios settings to default
  • booting with only the installation USB connected (disconnected boot drive sata amd extra drive sata)

The bios btw has "legacy USB support" enabled, CSM also enabled, no I can't find "secure boot "option to disable, "Boot option filter" is on UEFI and legacy mode

My Specs if needed:
AMD A88 (unbranded, can't find a manual anywhere)
A8-7650k
2x 8gb DDR3 1600mhz ram
GTX 650 (Gigabyte 1GB)

Note:
Bios is an "Aptio Setup Utility 2021" bios by american megatrends

Please help me, I hate my mistake and I've been working on this for hours already, thanks in advanced to those who help

Soo I had to reset my bios because at first, I accidentally set my ram speed to 1866mhz while my ram sticks are actually 1600 mhz, so when I saved and exit, I got a blank screen, then that's when I reset my bios thru cmos battery so it would go back to default, it looked like it worked but now the PC keeps boot looping, it was booting up to motherboard manufacturer logo, then turns off (in sync with my peripherals turning off, aka mouse and keyboard)

When switched on, the pc boots up to motherboard logo loading screen, goes black screen, goes to motherboard logo loading screen but mow with "preparing automatic repair", turns off, then repeats itself

What I've tried so far:
  • I tried booting it to recovery mode, no luck (force shutdown pc 3x while booting method)
  • tried sticking a recovery usb on it, it won't boot in it but USB is detected on bios.
  • tried sticking in a windows installation usb/bootable usb, won't boot either but USB is also detected on bios. (Both drives worked instantly on a different computer)
  • clearing cmos with jumpers
  • resetting bios by removing cmos battery
  • cleaning both ram sticks thoroughly with an eraser and reseating them
  • boot up with only one of the ram sticks, alternatively
  • setting bios settings to default
  • booting with only the installation USB connected (disconnected boot drive sata amd extra drive sata)
The bios btw has "legacy USB support" enabled, CSM also enabled, no I can't find "secure boot "option to disable, "Boot option filter" is on UEFI and legacy mode

My Specs if needed:
AMD A88 (unbranded, can't find a manual anywhere)
A8-7650k
2x 8gb DDR3 1600mhz ram
GTX 650 (Gigabyte 1GB)

Note:
Bios is an "Aptio Setup Utility 2021" bios by american megatrends

Please help me, I hate my mistake and I've been working on this for hours already, thanks in advanced to those who help

Hey there,

To clear the bios, did you only remove the battery? Did you do anything else too? Most CMOS clear (which is a real clear, not a reset default), require you to short two pins.

The difficulty here is your mobo AMD A88 coul dmean any number of boards. We need to know the exact one.

Open CPU-z and go to the 'Mainboard' tab and post a screenshot here so we can see it.

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Hey there,

To clear the bios, did you only remove the battery? Did you do anything else too? Most CMOS clear (which is a real clear, not a reset default), require you to short two pins.

The difficulty here is your mobo AMD A88 coul dmean any number of boards. We need to know the exact one.

Open CPU-z and go to the 'Mainboard' tab and post a screenshot here so we can see it.

Well unfortunately (I am also very irritated with this) putting it on the "mainboard" tab on cpu z literally just shows me "AMD A88"

Also I did the thing with the jumpers, (the pins I did it on were labeled "CLR_CMOS", I'm not sure how to do the shorting thinf but I did put my screwdriver between of what I think is the positive and negative terminal of the cmos battery for like 15 seconds.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead