Jul 22, 2022
Hello! I dont know from where to start......

I noticed that with every single day my games are getting more laggy, even doe i have so much fps. I had gtx 1070 with r5 3600, 16gb ram 3200mhz. Games like Fortnite and more dynamic games at all, were laggy. Even league of legends was laggy ( when we get in a teamfight with a lot of abilities used and the game is getting more dynamic ) . So i thought the problem is in the video card, because i had good fps but the games are laggy, because of some display lag due to my bad and very old 1070.When i screenshare in Discord, my fps is still fine, but hella laggy for some reason.

So today i bought a brand new awesome pc and i still have the problem............... The new pc is with :
-R5 5600x
  • RTX 3060
  • 32gb ram, 3200mhz
-750w gold 80+
I was so happy that i can play competitive Fortnite again, but when i installed the game and i tried it, it was still laggy. My fps is more than 800fps+ and it feels like 100fps. I have HDMI cabel and DP cabel, but its laggy with both ( when i use g-sync its a bit better)

Solutions i have tried :
-Buying a new HDMI cabel to try if the problem is that, but didnt help
-Buying a new PC with brand new parts
  • Tried changing the Power cabel on both, pc and monitor
  • Using DDU for reinstalling other drivers. ( I have tried so many drivers. )

The monitor i currently have is - AOC 24g2WG3- 165hz g-sync compatible.

I dont know what is the problem im so confused and so sad :C. Pleaseeee help me with this problem.

When i play on 165fps cap my game is soo laggy ( even doe its not moving from 165fps) and when i cap it to 180 its better but still feeling like im on 100fps and lagging.

I dont get screen tearing but its just laggy especially when im on lower fps than 165, but even with above its still laggy. When i try cap my fps to 144 its so much laggier than it should be. I hope that u have a good solution for this please help i need you. With every day my monitor is getting laggier and laggier :C.

Ralston18

Titan
The starting point is to discover what happens when the system becomes laggy.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

First observe when and while the system has finished booting and is stable for a few minutes.

The continue to observe while doing light work and browsing.

Finally observe while gaming but remember you will need to keep the tool window open in order to observe.

Determine what system resources are being used when the lagging occurs. Pay attention to how much (%) of any given resource is being used and what is using that resource.

Likewise, watch for applications that may be running in the background or may be launched while you are observing.

It may take some time and effort to get a sense of how Task Manager and Resource Monitor work. There is no rush and do not jump to any immediate conclusions. You want to be able identify some constant pattern of cause (what is going on at any given time) and effect (lagging occurs).

Jul 22, 2022
The starting point is to discover what happens when the system becomes laggy.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

First observe when and while the system has finished booting and is stable for a few minutes.

The continue to observe while doing light work and browsing.

Finally observe while gaming but remember you will need to keep the tool window open in order to observe.

Determine what system resources are being used when the lagging occurs. Pay attention to how much (%) of any given resource is being used and what is using that resource.

Likewise, watch for applications that may be running in the background or may be launched while you are observing.

It may take some time and effort to get a sense of how Task Manager and Resource Monitor work. There is no rush and do not jump to any immediate conclusions. You want to be able identify some constant pattern of cause (what is going on at any given time) and effect (lagging occurs).
So i just wanna say that is not laggy sometimes, but every second is just like how the game runs. Especially when i start moving more my screen and the display is more dynamic if i can describe it like that. So ur telling me to play the game and observe the task manager while doing it? I dont think there is something strange there but i will try. If its something in the Task Manager it has to be something from the PC, but i just bought a new one. and its still the same problem .

Ralston18

Titan
@randomguywantshelp

"New" does not mean that the PC is correctly configured for use.

Yes: observe Task Manager and Resource Monitor (using only one at a time). You may spot what changes when lagging occurs. The difference could be between not gaming and gaming. Or the games being played. Or even within any given game.

= = = =

Also - slow down a bit and respond as best you can to the questions in the preceding posts:

Post #6

"What motherboard? Did you enable DOCP/XMP in the BIOS of the motherboard? "

Post #7

"Did you reuse OS drive from your old pc? (transplanted os drive from old pc without reinstall)
or does your new pc have a fresh windows install? (Did you do fresh windows install on your new pc?)"

If you do not understand what is meant or is expected then feel free to ask.

Jul 22, 2022
@randomguywantshelp

Yes: observe Task Manager and Resource Monitor (using only one at a time). You may spot what changes when lagging occurs. The difference could be between not gaming and gaming. Or the games being played. Or even within any given game.

= = = =

Also - slow down a bit and respond as best you can to the questions in the preceding posts:

Post #6

Post #7

"Did you reuse OS drive from your old pc? (transplanted os drive from old pc without reinstall)
or does your new pc have a fresh windows install? (Did you do fresh windows install on your new pc?)"

Yeah ok, i will ask if i dont understand a question, but i answered the other questions.

Jul 22, 2022
@randomguywantshelp

= = = =

Post #6

Post #7

I tried using Task manager and the only strange thing that i found is just the gpu % usage jumping from 25% to 40% and to 30% sometimes its just inconsistent, but idk how this is the problem if its not even normal.

Ralston18

Titan
Do those jumps occur all of the time?

Is there some pattern?

If you just sit and do nothing but watch after boot up for example. Or while doing light work and browsing. Or just when gaming?

Do you see anything jumping in Resource Monitor?

Note that in both tools you can click the small arrow icons in the headers to control sorts. Doing so can make it easier to see what is causing the jumps.

Another tool to help is Process Explorer (Microsoft, free).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

For example the GPU usage may be jumping due to something running in the background. Something that was launched at startup or later triggered via Task Scheduler.