DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
So I am going to try and put the most information possible in this post here that I can think of as I am trying to get more FPS/more consistent FPS in the following games that I play quite a bit of:
Fortnite, Call of Duty Warzone & Call of Duty Cold War.

My new custom PC build (not built by me) - Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics @3.70 GHz
16.0 GB DDR4 RAM
AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 - 8GB Memory @1590MHz
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
ASRock B450 Pro4 Motherboard
ARESGAME 750W Power Supply Unit - 80+ Bronze
Max(6) RGB Fans
Rosewill Prism S White ATX Case
Windows 10 Pro

My Gaming monitor:

HP - X24ih 23.8" IPS LED FHD FreeSync Premium Monitor - Black - 1920x1080 @ 144hz

I play CoD mostly and I actually am a very competitive player(for money/wager matches & tournaments), so I am really trying to get the absolute most FPS I can possibly get with the absolute minimum amount of input lag.
In Warzone I am literally averaging 55-65FPS. I’ll go higher than 65 at times but not most of the time.
In Cold War I am averaging a little more, like 70-85, sometimes higher.

I am just trying to see what I can do other than upgrade my GPU(as I just got this build) and get more FPS. I use the “eSports” setting in AMD Radeon optimization software - is that any good? Because it looks like it helps a bit compared to the “standard” default settings.
I also have done pretty much all basics to my PC -
Updated GPU drivers
Turned off hardware acceleration on Google chrome & discord
Power plan -> High performance plan chosen
Performance -> Visual effects -> Adjust for best performance
Disabled full screen optimization
Enabled game mode
Turned off all possible notifications
Set high graphics priority for both games to high performance
& more

Last question; is there any in game settings that I should leave on medium/high such as textures/other settings so that my game doesn’t look way too pixelated? I understand I’m trying to get the most FPS I can, but for example when I set my settings to “very low” in Cold War, the red dot on my optic sight on the gun is very blurry.

Any help here at all is greatly appreciated!!

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
Just to add as well - as of tonight I am trying “Razer Cortex” FPS boost software for free. Should I continue to use this software/is it beneficial?

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
What are your temps while gaming? You're not hitting boost at all.

What is your exact RAM model? Enable XMP/D.O.C.P in BIOS.

Keep in mind a 4 core CPU is going to struggle in those games.
OLOy DDR4 RAM 16GB

There is my exact RAM model above. I just enabled XMP/DOCP in BIOS, however, I was only able to get to 2667MHz, as multiple people in the comments are stating that they are not getting the full 3000MHz either as advertised...

My temps while gaming are very good. I only measured it playing COD Cold War tonight, but It stayed around 60 degrees Celsius which is really good right? It was measured via task manager because when I turn on the GPU temp. action in the game interface, it only shows N/A because of my Vega 56 I guess, I am not sure.

Sorry for asking also, but what is "hitting boost" exactly mean? Thanks.

OLOy DDR4 RAM 16GB

There is my exact RAM model above. I just enabled XMP/DOCP in BIOS, however, I was only able to get to 2667MHz, as multiple people in the comments are stating that they are not getting the full 3000MHz either as advertised...

My temps while gaming are very good. I only measured it playing COD Cold War tonight, but It stayed around 60 degrees Celsius which is really good right? It was measured via task manager because when I turn on the GPU temp. action in the game interface, it only shows N/A because of my Vega 56 I guess, I am not sure.

Sorry for asking also, but what is "hitting boost" exactly mean? Thanks.
You should be randomly hitting 4.2ghz. The test results showed you never did. Also, 2666mhz RAM is very slow and is holding performance back.

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
You should be randomly hitting 4.2ghz. The test results showed you never did. Also, 2666mhz RAM is very slow and is holding performance back.
Okay, well what can I do so that I will randomly hit 4.2GHz?

And I can't do anything about getting brand new RAM at the moment, but what would you recommend for a future purchase and what can I do right now to what I already have?

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
The cpu is not boosting. What temperature is it when running userbenchmark?

The below recommended RAM speed will also not be helping.
I tried running another UserBenchmark and it was even worse this time as far as the CPU is performing(28th percentile last time - 6th percentile this time).

I am not running hot temperatures at all. They are low temperatures at under 60 degrees Celcius. Should I basically be reaching higher temps? - because I am not reaching above 60.

Also, what can I do about my RAM and what can I do in general to get things where they should be running at? As I stated in my last comment to someone else - I can't do anything about purchasing brand new RAM at the moment, but what would you recommend for a future purchase when I have the money saved up? Thanks.