Dash46

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2016
How do you test laptop screens? I have a bunch of laptops screens a friend gave me and a few I scrapped from broken laptop. I want to sell them, but I need to know if they work. I know they the lcd is not broken as I do not see any spots on them. My friend who works with computer told me that they worked. He gave them to me because he was cleaning out there supply closet. I sold one one Laptop screen on ebay assuming it worked. I ended up having to make a refund because the screen would not come on for the customer. I really want to find a way to sell these laptop screens and get rid of them. I have at least $500 worth of laptop screens. If someone could tell me how to test these screens or give me advice on how to sell these screens that would be great?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Buy a compatible laptop with a broken screen for testing? Sell the completed laptop after you are done, or you now have a laptop screen.

That would be the simplest way. Otherwise you are going to have to figure out how to power the panel and connect to it.