Oct 6, 2022
This is the situation. The other day my pc is working perfectly fine, and just yesterday I just woke up and turn my pc on, opening programs, and suddenly the screen froze and I can't move the mouse cursor, I can't even do the ctrl + alt +del. So in my response, I restart my pc just by holding the power button maybe it will solve the problem but after waiting for a minute the monitor didn't display anything and did not boot up. the fans is spinning and the cooler also spinning but I noticed that the VGA EZ debug light is on so I tried to search for the problem. I have tried resetting the bios by shorting the CMOS and it boots up but after a minute it freezes again and the VGA debug light is on. after that, they suggest reseating the ram and changing the slot but still, it boots up but freezes. I also cleaned the GPU and changed the thermal paste, cleaning the heat sink and fans, but it also doesn't work. What works for me was, when I unplugged the GPU out of my motherboard and just use the onboard graphics Display port socket it works perfectly, it did not freeze at all. And to check if my GPU is still working, I plugged it into my brother's PC, and to my surprise, It works perfectly, the system also recognizes the GPU, and it can also play games with no problems. I'm confused about what could be the problem and I don't want to spend money yet not until I can't narrow down the technical problem. I'm also thinking of borrowing a working GPU if it works on my system so that I can identify more what's the cause. Any suggestions and help to try are highly appreciated.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i3-8100
GPU: ROG Radeon RX570
Motherboard: MSI B360M Mortar
RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3200

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU powering the build? If it's been in service for a while, please state the age of the unit in question. Does your platform power up with the iGPU on your i3 sans the RX570?

Oct 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU powering the build? If it's been in service for a while, please state the age of the unit in question. Does your platform power up with the iGPU on your i3 sans the RX570?
thanks for the response.
PSU: CORSAIR CV 450W 80 plus bronze

and its been 3 years since I bought it. Yes, it powers up and I'm able to use my pc without the GPU. I'm using the iGPU right now. But my RX570 works perfectly fine on my brother's pc and I'm running out of options of whats causing the problem.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried a higher wattage unit to power your build? As it stands, your PSU is not enough to power your entire build with an RX570 in it, to add, a 3 year old PSU will not output the same amount of power it day on day one due to wear and tear.

Might want to list your brother's specs as well, for good measure.

Oct 6, 2022
Have you tried a higher wattage unit to power your build? As it stands, your PSU is not enough to power your entire build with an RX570 in it, to add, a 3 year old PSU will not output the same amount of power it day on day one due to wear and tear.

Might want to list your brother's specs as well, for good measure.
here's my brothers specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500x
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B450M-DS3H
GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super
RAM: KLEVV CRAS 2 x 16gb
PSU: CORSAIR CV 450W 80 plus bronze

No, I haven't tried a higher wattage yet but was planning to try out swapping my PSU to my brother's PSU if swapping my GPU to his won't work. so that if his PSU won't also work, maybe I can assume that the PCIe on my MOBO is the problem. whats your opinion about that?

Lutfij

Titan
Troubleshooting isn't about pointing a finger and then hoping it's the culprit, you need to go through a process of elimination, rule out each component with an alternative, known working part until you're left with the one component that's been the problem.

GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super
That card doesn't even draw power compared to the RX570.

TRENDING THREADS