[SOLVED] How to safely install Windows on new SSD ?

Sep 25, 2021
Hey guys, so I have decided to upgrade my new laptop with a ssd as it currently has only a hdd and I wanted to know how do I install windows on it safely and make sure all my drivers are there and from the manufacturer and not some random drivers that Windows auto installs ? (that happened before while reinstalling windows on my old laptop.). Also what things do I need to worry about to make sure everything is done correctly as I just want the laptop to work like it came out from factory. I know cloning my windows is an option too but I feel like, if done correctly, installing new would be a better experience overall.

Laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ARH05 :
Ryzen 5 4600h
GTX 1650
8gb ram @ 3200mhz
1TB hdd

Also I am confused if my laptop accepts the hdd+ 2280 nvme ssd config or not, as some sources say that after installing a hdd, 2280 slot gets blocked and then you can only install 2242 ssd, while others say I can still install a 2280 ssd (which I want to install) as there are two slots for ssd and only one gets blocked.

Is there a way to confirm the correct possible configuration other than opening up the laptop ?

Solution
Assuming you get the new drive physically installed, this:

USAFRet

Titan
Assuming you get the new drive physically installed, this:

Solution
Sep 25, 2021
Also, be sure to save ANYTHING you need off on some other storage device first.
Personal files, document your username/passwords, get all the relevant drivers, find the install files for all your applications.

You'll be starting from a clean slate.
Got it. Also can you tell me if should just download or drivers listed on manufacturers website or I should download some specific ones? I'm want to install every driver from manufacturer except the chipset and GPU drivers that I was thinking to just install the latest ones from amd and nvidia themselves.

USAFRet

Titan
Got it. Also can you tell me if should just download or drivers listed on manufacturers website or I should download some specific ones? I'm want to install every driver from manufacturer except the chipset and GPU drivers that I was thinking to just install the latest ones from amd and nvidia themselves.
Get all the most recent non-beta versions direct from the manufacturers.
Save those on a USB stick, to install after the OS is installed.

Reactions: XPooka
Sep 25, 2021
Get all the most recent non-beta versions direct from the manufacturers.
Save those on a USB stick, to install after the OS is installed.
Got it, much thanks! Also would you know the answer to my second question? I.e how do I know my correct storage configuration that I can install? If not then that's fine but I was just curious.

USAFRet

Titan