Question How would a i7 12700k fare for 5.3k resolution video editing?

Arbaaz360

Honorable
Jan 21, 2016
I have been planning on upgrading from i3 6100 to i7 12700k. I have a humble AMD RX 570 (not to be confused with 5700) GPU which I do not wish to upgrade for the simple reason that I would have to spend extra cash on new case, cooler, motherboard and RAM.
Of course I could buy a cheaper CPU and use the money to buy a GPU but GPUs are expensive these days and besides I have my heart set on 12700k. Now the question is - how would it fare against 5.3k resolution 100MB bitrate GoPro videos? Assuming I get 32GB DDR4 RAM.
Though getting some real statistics would be nice but even some ballpark estimate would also do for me.

I have been planning on upgrading from i3 6100 to i7 12700k. I have a humble AMD RX 570 (not to be confused with 5700) GPU which I do not wish to upgrade for the simple reason that I would have to spend extra cash on new case, cooler, motherboard and RAM.
Of course I could buy a cheaper CPU and use the money to buy a GPU but GPUs are expensive these days and besides I have my heart set on 12700k. Now the question is - how would it fare against 5.3k resolution 100MB bitrate GoPro videos? Assuming I get 32GB DDR4 RAM.
Though getting some real statistics would be nice but even some ballpark estimate would also do for me.
What program would you be using to do your video editing on?

kanewolf

Titan
The short answer is "better than your current system". Will it be acceptable to you? Unknown. Video editing is a full system problem. RAM, storage and CPU. Skimp on storage and the fastest CPU/GPU/RAM will suck.