Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2019
So, I Have a Hyperx Elite RGB Keyboard, and today I Spelled water on it for the second time. I'm very careful with my setup, but Today was a mistake. The first time the keyboard was fine, no problem. Well, now, The Caps Lock Didn't worked, and A Key, fixed those, but I'm left with a problem. I Tried everything I Can think of, Restarting my pc, opening the keyboard and look inside, Reinstalling HyperX Program for RGB. But Still I don't know why the colors of the keyboard go like that. Can someone help me? Please? And Now, when the Keyboard is on the lowest lighting level, the enter key shows a blue color. As you can see in the videos below.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-naPNsX2QXg&feature=youtu.be
- Colors Problem Video 1:
View: https://youtu.be/KAH0mVyfkXo
- Colors Problem Video 2:
View: https://youtu.be/6uNQQCCzBdk
- Enter Key Going blue on off, If this helps in some way.

Solution
If you let it dry out for a while and it's still not working, seems you need to replace it.

You may be able to get it working by fully taking it apart and cleaning the switches one by one as well as the board with some iso alchohol and some microfiber cloth and q tips, but really the thing is dead. Especially since you did the post the day of the spill and you did not let it sit and try for a full day before trying to use it.
If you let it dry out for a while and it's still not working, seems you need to replace it.

You may be able to get it working by fully taking it apart and cleaning the switches one by one as well as the board with some iso alchohol and some microfiber cloth and q tips, but really the thing is dead. Especially since you did the post the day of the spill and you did not let it sit and try for a full day before trying to use it.

Solution
Jul 27, 2019
I Didn't really opened it. Because I Don't know if I Can to fully open it. I Just opened the front side, but not the back one because of the long led behind it. Im scared not to break it. Tried to find tutorials how to open it and nothing, as I Can't find a keyboard tutorial with a led behind it... I Don't really know, I Think that I Need to stick with it for a while, too bad that I Bought it for RGB :( Thanks for you help anyway.

Mr.Slippery

Prominent
Oct 23, 2019
It might be too late, but I figured I would sign up and respond. I have a terrible habit of drinking a beer while playing. That being said, I have spilt a full beer, not once, but twice onto my HyperX Alloy Elite RGB. The second time was very bad and I had your color problem across the whole keyboard, along with sticky keys.

First, stop everything and unplug.
Second, start pulling keys. If it is one section, just pull that section.
Third, get a compressed air can and start drying out your keys. This includes pushing the switch down and putting the nozzle in, airing out any moisture.
Fourth, leave upside down (as in keys down) over night and repeat the third step on final time the next day.

I have done this twice and I will fully stand behind this keyboard from now on. I've had it for a year and about 6 months and all the RGB switches and modes work flawlessly, even after water boarding it...well...beer boarding it.

Jul 27, 2019
It might be too late, but I figured I would sign up and respond. I have a terrible habit of drinking a beer while playing. That being said, I have spilt a full beer, not once, but twice onto my HyperX Alloy Elite RGB. The second time was very bad and I had your color problem across the whole keyboard, along with sticky keys.

First, stop everything and unplug.
Second, start pulling keys. If it is one section, just pull that section.
Third, get a compressed air can and start drying out your keys. This includes pushing the switch down and putting the nozzle in, airing out any moisture.
Fourth, leave upside down (as in keys down) over night and repeat the third step on final time the next day.

I have done this twice and I will fully stand behind this keyboard from now on. I've had it for a year and about 6 months and all the RGB switches and modes work flawlessly, even after water boarding it...well...beer boarding it.

Thanks for you response, no it's not that late really, Idk what I Did but my switches work now, and the RGB is alright without doing anything special. But the Z key and X still have some problems, the color thingy, but from 8-9 keys I Had with that problem, now they are only two.

The weird thing is that Z and X worked fine after spilling water on them, and now that the other ones don't work, they don't work.

Probably they will come back to the normal color, and other keys will be like that, but I Will try your solution, Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.