[SOLVED] I recently bought the DT 770 pro *80 ohm* and am having an issue with it

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
I also own a UMC22 and decided to use the headphone port on there to power the DT 770 ,

So far It had no issues except for when I tried to use my microphone that is also plugged into the UMC22.

Basically the issue is that I cannot use both the microphone and headphones because they both use the same line in.

1. for listening to playback (headphones)

2. for picking up my voice

I need a way to get it so that I can pick up my voice and listen to audio on my PC , maybe some kind of separation of the signal on windows 10 idk.

Thanks for reading this thread and if you have any advice/experience with this kind of problem or just think you could help in some way please do drop me some advice under this thread.

Solution
I also own a UMC22 and decided to use the headphone port on there to power the DT 770 ,

So far It had no issues except for when I tried to use my microphone that is also plugged into the UMC22.

Basically the issue is that I cannot use both the microphone and headphones because they both use the same line in.

I need a way to get it so that I can pick up my voice and listen to audio on my PC , maybe some kind of separation of the signal on windows 10 idk.

Thanks for reading this thread and if you have any advice/experience with this kind of problem or just think you could help in some way please do drop me some advice under this thread.

Something here...

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"I cannot use both the microphone and headphones because they both use the same line in. "

and

"I need a way to get it so that I can pick up my voice and listen to audio on my PC "

Add more detail about the specific requirements. So you wish to, I think, listen to yourself talking over some other audio input?

My first thought is a hardware mismatch.

TS, TRS, TRRS ?

Reference:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Take a close look at all audio connections and configuration settings. Any adapters or split cables?

Something here does not add up. You have a USB audio interface, with a headphone using the headphone jack on it and assuming you are using the MIC in that it has. Those are different connections. You should be able to use both at the same time without any issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS