folksrust

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
Hi, I feel like my PC may be underperforming, maybe the motherboard isnt strong enough as it is (PRIME B365M-K), my ram is 16gb DDR4 3200mhz, RTX2060, i7 8700.

I was thinking of upgrading my CPU to the i5 12700KF but unsure if my mobo is compatible with that and I am not wanting to spend A LOT of money, also wanting to upgrade my case to a tempered glass one lol.

Any advice? maybe I just need my motherboard upgraded or something, not sure but I can always do the pay monthly option.

PS. I MAINLY PLAY GAMES SUCH AS RUST (HIGH INTENSITY ON CPU AND RAM) - I also like to stream, my PC currently can kind of handle it.

Last edited:

folksrust

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd usage?
how full is the ssd?

GPU INFO:
1890 mhz clock speed
1750 mhz memory clock speed
55.5 gpu temperature
57% fan speed
CPU:
fluctuates temperature from 47 to 52max

60% CPU Usage, 87% Memory Usage, 40% GPU Usage

I have 391 gb free from my SSD but my main windows SSD has 8.37 GB left

GPU INFO:
1890 mhz clock speed
1750 mhz memory clock speed
55.5 gpu temperature
57% fan speed
CPU:
fluctuates temperature from 47 to 52max

60% CPU Usage, 87% Memory Usage, 40% GPU Usage

I have 391 gb free from my SSD but my main windows SSD has 8.37 GB left

I do not know the full size of you boot driver (the one that have Windows) but 8.37GB of free space its not good for any SSD. Keep in mind you want to at least have 10% of the space free. If its some more the better.

Also those temps you wrote there, are those under load, did you used msi afterburner ? Checking temps on Windows task manager is not the best way.

folksrust

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
I do not know the full size of you boot driver (the one that have Windows) but 8.37GB of free space its not good for any SSD. Keep in mind you want to at least have 10% of the space free. If its some more the better.

Also those temps you wrote there, are those under load, did you used msi afterburner ? Checking temps on Windows task manager is not the best way.
ill try clearing some space on that drive and I used CPU-Z and GPU-Z for the temps + ran the benchmark if you want to look at this - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55503123

ill try clearing some space on that drive and I used CPU-Z and GPU-Z for the temps + ran the benchmark if you want to look at this - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55503123
Try to get the free space on the C drive up to at least 20GB.

Looks like your a little behind with the bios.

Check the chipset driver also.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
any advice on a motherboard + cpu combo?

Well In my sig you can see I've opted for the Intel option. Just look at your budget and then choose the most suitable CPU that is compatible with a motherboard, once you find something for sale somewhere, where they have your payment method, copy and paste the label and check out the component specifications out on the hardware manufactures web page, via a google search. That's usually what I do and thus find matching CPU+ Motherboard which works with the ram and other components you are planning on running together.

So for example, this is the pages beside the store page which would differ from you that I would have looked at when I did my upgrade or build:

B460M D3H (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Intel Core i510600K Processor 12M Cache up to 4.80 GHz Product Specifications

With the information on pages such as these with the info taken from your selected store page, one can easily match the right components with the budget you want.

Last edited: