Solution
G

What do you plan on using your desktop for? How much are each of the processors in your area?

The i3-2120 is supposedly better when it comes to gaming (overall), but the FX-4170 is definitely a faster processor when you compare the processors by numbers alone. In fact, I don't think there's a processor that currently exists that has a base clock speed of over 4GHz like the FX-4170 has.

Gosh, why did the FX series processors have to be so bad?!?! :( It hurts my brain knowing that a measly dual-core i3 can beat most of the FX series processors in just about every category.
G

tumblr_lxjlubLtHY1rn1xxfo1_100.gif

G

waiting for the trolls.
you're answer is spot on, even though i am an i3 2120 fan boy.

christ i hate being broke, i really want to get a gtx 570 or 7870 to see if it will put a hurting on this thing. the 550ti barely makes it grunt past 50% in any game with any settings.

but i like things such as food, clothing and shelter to scrap up $250+ for another gpu :p

G

What do you plan on using your desktop for? How much are each of the processors in your area?

The i3-2120 is supposedly better when it comes to gaming (overall), but the FX-4170 is definitely a faster processor when you compare the processors by numbers alone. In fact, I don't think there's a processor that currently exists that has a base clock speed of over 4GHz like the FX-4170 has.

Gosh, why did the FX series processors have to be so bad?!?! :( It hurts my brain knowing that a measly dual-core i3 can beat most of the FX series processors in just about every category.

Solution