Sep 8, 2021
Recently undervolted my gpu (Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti VISION OC 8GB) which brought my temperature under load (during gaming) down by around 10 degrees, which is perfect. But at idle, both my cpu (i9-10850k) and gpu have gone up about 10 degrees. At idle, I used to get 20-30 cpu and 30-40 gpu, but now I'm getting high 30s cpu, even throttling to in the 40s, and high 40s gpu, sometimes even reaching low 50s.

I looked around and saw a couple people saying that the voltage is locked at idle, and it's not dropping back down after gaming. How would I unlock it? (I used MSI Afterburner.)

Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks.
undervolt.png

Last edited:
Post a screenshot of either MSI Afterburner in the main screen or GPU-z in the "Sensors" tab, along with Task Manager in the "Processes" tab and sorted by GPU core usage (you may have to right click on the header to enable it) when you think you're in an idle condition.

Sep 8, 2021
Post a screenshot of either MSI Afterburner in the main screen or GPU-z in the "Sensors" tab, along with Task Manager in the "Processes" tab and sorted by GPU core usage (you may have to right click on the header to enable it) when you think you're in an idle condition.
Does this help? This is in idle, GPU is barely in use as you can see, yet 50 degrees.
afterburnerss.png

TRENDING THREADS