[SOLVED] is PSU RMA accepted with Scratch in it

May 23, 2020
so my PSU ( THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W ) been making some weird noise and going loud when i play high end games ( which it wasnt in the first months ) and now i have a scratch on it and i want to rma and im having doubts that they wont accept it because of the Scratch is it true ???

Solution
While I can't say so for that specific manufacturer. I've never had anything I RMA get rejected because of something as superficial as a scratch. Which I think would legally fall under normal wear and tear. But I'm no lawyer.

At any rate. The only physical damage they are likely to be looking for are dents, bends, &c. Something to indicate it's been hit hard or water damage. Basically stuff which indicates neglect or abuse. Causing the failure.
While I can't say so for that specific manufacturer. I've never had anything I RMA get rejected because of something as superficial as a scratch. Which I think would legally fall under normal wear and tear. But I'm no lawyer.

At any rate. The only physical damage they are likely to be looking for are dents, bends, &c. Something to indicate it's been hit hard or water damage. Basically stuff which indicates neglect or abuse. Causing the failure.

Reactions: extreme_noob
Solution
May 23, 2020

it didnt cause the failure because i got the scratch after the failure ( its nothing big just the painting By the way thank you so much bro for your answer ill try to rma and update the post