Senpho

Honorable
Apr 29, 2014
So i am buying a new PC and i decided to go with the I9-9900k, but i do not know much about cooler. At first i wasnt supposed to get the 9900k but the 9700k so i went with a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum. I was wondering if this cooler is gonna work for my 9900k, i am not planning on overclocking at all (i mean do i really need to with this CPU ?) And i will be playing games at 144 fps on 1440p.

Case = NZXT H510i Elite
Board = Aorus z390 Pro
GPU = Aorus 2080 TI

Since i already have my H100i, i was planning on keeping it and maybe change it later ? I do not want my CPU to run at 90C ..
Thanks !

Solution
Do not bump a thread. This is against forum rules.

You seem to know exactly what FPS you will run, how are you so certain of 144 FPS? Also depends on which game...not all games are coded in the same way.

Yes, it would be fine for a stock clocked 9900k.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

You seem to know exactly what FPS you will run, how are you so certain of 144 FPS? Also depends on which game...not all games are coded in the same way.

Reactions: Senpho
Solution

Senpho

Honorable
Apr 29, 2014

Oh sorry about the bump, i did not know...

About the FPS, i wasnt saying i will be able to run at 144, but thats what i am aiming for :p

But thanks for the answer :)