Aug 3, 2019
Okay so I recently built my pc a few months ago and it has worked fine it’s worked amazing and all of sudden after not using it for about 2 days I come back and the pc boots up but doesn’t show on the display. I didn’t change anything inside the case or touch it at all. I will list everything I’ve tried to help you get a better understanding. Also occasionally the red boot light will come on but that’s rare in the process of me trying to fix this.

Things I’ve tried:
1) Replugging and double checking any wire connections

2) Unplugging ram and then re putting it in and switching the slots

3) tried clearing the CMOS and restarted computer multiple times

4) tried a different monitor and hdmi cord

5) tried cleaning and blowing on everything making sure their are no loose wires.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B450m gaming plus
Graphics raedon rx 560
Drive: 500gb drive
Battery: Corsair vs 450
CPU: amd ryzen 3 2200g
Ram: patriot memory sticks 8gb

Hello, I’m new to this just built this first pc months ago and really want to continue playing on it please help me I really appreciate anyone reading this also the beep code is one which is boot successful for msi so I’m not sure what this problem is.

Solution
ok. can you remove all but one stick of RAM leaving the stick in slot A2, remove the graphics card from the system as well, and unplug power from your hard drives then plug video cable into motherboard video output and try to boot.

Be sure to flip the power switch on the PSU and press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to drain any residual energy before plugging and unplugging components.
Aug 3, 2019
if not getting display then perhaps it's not actually "fully" turning on.

On the right hand edge of the board, you will see a line of text in little boxes that say CPU, DRAM, VGA, and BOOT.
Are any of these LED's lit up?
No as I said in the bottom like when I was trying to fix the problem here and there the boot light turned on but then I would turn it off then back on and it would be off.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
ok. can you remove all but one stick of RAM leaving the stick in slot A2, remove the graphics card from the system as well, and unplug power from your hard drives then plug video cable into motherboard video output and try to boot.

Be sure to flip the power switch on the PSU and press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to drain any residual energy before plugging and unplugging components.

Solution
Aug 3, 2019

What do you mean the video cable into the motherboard what video cable

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
also, the VS series power supplies are usually pretty cheaply made just so you know.
The PSU is something you should never skimp on, because the last thing you want is for it to blow and take out other components with it. So getting a quality build PSU is very important and will usually cost you about $70 on average for more affordable models.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Just as a heads up, when you plug in a GPU into a system, integrated graphics will automatically be turned off and the default video output will be set to the GPU.

To allow iGPU to work while having a GPU plugged in, you must enable it in BIOS, but only if the BIOS and board support it.