Dec 8, 2019
Hi All,

I really need some help with this computer I have just built, I have built computers before but this has a Aorus TRX40, I find it quite different then normal mobos and finding support for it is hard as its so new (computer is not for me I dont have the sort of $$$ to be dropping that much on a mobo lol). But I finished building the PC and powered it on, first thing I noticed was that the lights on the motherboard were not on, yet the lights on the GPU (not installed in the pic) were on and everything else seemed to be working fine, so I wired up my monitor but it was getting no signal, I tried another GPU and it was still giving no signal. I noticed on the board it has ATX 12v_1 and 2 do both of these need to be plugged in? The PSU does not have a 4pin connector for the second socket but it does have an 8 pin one for the first one. Can anyone give me some help with this or knows what the issue is? Feel free to ask my any questions on the build and I will answer, thanks for taking the time to read this I really appreciate it.

I have pics of the build but am having trouble uploading them, I can sent to whoever decides to help me look into this :)

Solution
What is the exact model of the memory kit?

Are you sure you have used the correct connector for the EPS 12v CPU power socket? It should be a 4+4 pin connector, not a 6+2 pin or 8 pin connector. Conversely, the connector for the graphics card should be an 8 pin or 6+2 pin PCI connector, not a 4+4 pin EPS or CPU connector.

Make sure your display is connected to the video ouputs on the graphics card, and not the motherboard.

Make sure you have checked everything here:

The answer to your question regarding the dual EPS 12v connectors is the same as for this one.

http://forum.gigabyte.us/post/34125/thread

It is preferred that both be used if you have a PSU with two EPS 8 pin (4+4) plugs but only one is "essential" and required. The manual does not state that two are a requirement, so we can probably assume that two are not required. There are very few motherboards that I know of in the world that require two auxiliary power connectors in addition to the main ATX power cable, and those are multi CPU server boards.

I would suspect that your problem lies elsewhere.

What are your FULL hardware specifications including the EXACT power supply model number?

Dec 8, 2019
The answer to your question regarding the dual EPS 12v connectors is the same as for this one.

It is preferred that both be used if you have a PSU with two EPS 8 pin (4+4) plugs but only one is "essential" and required. The manual does not state that two are a requirement, so we can probably assume that two are not required. There are very few motherboards that I know of in the world that require two auxiliary power connectors in addition to the main ATX power cable, and those are multi CPU server boards.

What are your FULL hardware specifications including the EXACT power supply model number?
Corsair TX850M

Dec 8, 2019

And thanks for the replys I really appreciate it.

Are you sure you have used the correct connector for the EPS 12v CPU power socket? It should be a 4+4 pin connector, not a 6+2 pin or 8 pin connector. Conversely, the connector for the graphics card should be an 8 pin or 6+2 pin PCI connector, not a 4+4 pin EPS or CPU connector.

Make sure your display is connected to the video ouputs on the graphics card, and not the motherboard.

Solution
Dec 8, 2019

Hi thanks for response,

so 2 things, first off yes its the correct connector for the CPU its a 8pin and says "CPU" on it, but I have recently learned that I have put the RAM in the wrong slots but I wont be able to test this till tomorrow I used 2-4 on the left and 1-3 on the right, apparently this is the wrong way round. Think this might be the issue?

Dec 8, 2019

I wont waste any more of your time for now mate, checked that list and I have made my own list of things I will need to check tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes, thanks so much for the help guys, your the true heroes! aha.

Memory population guidelines were going to be the next thing I pointed out, but was waiting to know the memory kit model first so I would know HOW MANY sticks were involved, because the recommended population guideline often depends on how many sticks are involved when you are talking about a board with higher than dual channel architecture.

Dec 8, 2019
Memory population guidelines were going to be the next thing I pointed out, but was waiting to know the memory kit model first so I would know HOW MANY sticks were involved, because the recommended population guideline often depends on how many sticks are involved when you are talking about a board with higher than dual channel architecture.
Hi,

It was Corsair Vengance 3000mhz 4 sticks of 16gb each.