Aug 2, 2021
Hey Brainstrust,

TLDR
KB&M don't work anymore for Bios with Windows10 USB inserted when before, they did.

So I recently completed my first PC build, and managed to get everything together correctly.
Upon booting up, I plugged in my KB&M in and everything connected perfectly without any issues. I proceeded to scroll through the Bios menu without changing anything but the RGBs for some fun.
I shut the system down and unplugged the two just to move some cables around to tidy things up, unplugged my HHD to avoid the OS downloading onto they'll and then plugged them back in and also plugged in the Windows10 USB to initialise the boot.

Now I am greeted with "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media."
I would skip past this normally with the DEL key but now the PC isn't powering the KB&M.
The KB&M both work perfectly fine in my laptop.

System specs,
MB: B450 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: RTX 2060
KB: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600
Mouse: Logitech Pro Gaming Mouse

Just wondering if anyone has any insight to this.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU in the build? You might want to reconnect the drives as they were to your prior run, chances are that part of the OSes files/partitions were allocated to your HDD. As for your platform, try and disconnect the system from the wall and the monitor then take the CMOS battery out of the motherboard for at least 30 minutes before replacing it. See if your system regains functionality.

Lutfij

Titan

Make and model of your PSU in the build? You might want to reconnect the drives as they were to your prior run, chances are that part of the OSes files/partitions were allocated to your HDD. As for your platform, try and disconnect the system from the wall and the monitor then take the CMOS battery out of the motherboard for at least 30 minutes before replacing it. See if your system regains functionality.

Solution
Aug 2, 2021

Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at it this afternoon. I've plugged my HDD back in prior and tried that and didn't have any luck. I'll update you on my finds. Thanks again for this help.
Make and model fir the PSU is inbuilt to the case, the Case is a NZXT H1.

Aug 2, 2021

Worked a charm. Thankyou for the advice!