[SOLVED] Keyboard doesn’t work so I'm stuck on "Please enter setup to recover BIOS, Press F1 to Run Setup” ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2021
I’m not even sure how this happened, all I did was plug my case fans directly to the motherboard vs. being plugged into my Corsair Commander. Now I can’t boot in Windows….

Issue:
Stuck on the American Megatrends screen where it says “Please enter setup to recover BIOS, Press F1 to Run Setup” but I can't 'cos my keyboard isn’t working.

System info:
Asus B550-f Gaming motherboard
Ryzen 7 5800x
EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb
32gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM
SK Hynix Gold P31 NVMe M.2 drive
Corsair H110i Elite Capellix AIO cooler
EVGA 700W Gold PSU

Already tried:
  • -CMOS Reset, including jumper posts
  • - BIOS Flashback (yes, correctly)
  • -Every. Single. RAM. Slot. Reseated, rearranged, etc.
  • -Keyboard plugged into every USB port
  • -Unplugged all accessories minus keyboard, GPU included, don’t get display from MB directly.
  • -Removed M.2 Drive and booted
-List goes on…..

Can’t get to BIOS, it’s stuck on this damn screen and my keyboard isn’t working(Womier HSK87 Mechanical Keyboard), which always worked in BIOS and otherwise before this.

Sep 15, 2021
MY SOLUTION: So I posted this at 3:15am, it’s now 6:45am, and I ran into the problem at around midnight and start trying to solve it then. So… I spent almost 7 hours trying to solve this issue, tore my entire PC apart, rewired EVERYTHING and still didn’t fix it. I laid down to go to sleep and after searching the entire internet during those 7 hours, I decided I’ll check a couple more links….

“Hold down F8 during boot to go into Safe Mode”

None of my keys were working and nothing I did made them work before. I climbed out of bed, held down F8 ready to explode out of shear anger and frustration, and hit the power button. It worked boys. Let me select my boot drive with the keyboard and I was up and running like nothing ever happened. I swear sat back down and laughed for 5 minutes straight, the alternative to humor about this tremendous 7 hour waste of my life would quite possibly result in my PC currently sinking to the bottom of a 300ft deep lake in upstate South Carolina.

Hope this can help someone in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS